part seven

Minhyuk spaced out as he sat in his History class waiting for the lecture to begin before someone interrupted his empty thoughts.

"Can I sit here?"

Minhyuk looked up at the guy who was standing by the empty seat beside him. He nodded, shyly, and quickly looked away as the guy sat down next to him.

"Thank you." Said the guy. "Hey, you know since our friends are friends with each other, doesn't that mean we should become friends?"

Sanha?! Asking me to be friends?! I can't believe this!

"Yes! Yes, absolutely, sure. That sounds great." Minhyuk agreed, with an unexpected wide smile at Sanha.

Jesus, I'm acting like he's asking me to be his boyfriend or something. Why am I smiling so much? He will think I'm weird! Please stop!

"I've never seen you smile before. I like it." Sanha said, with a small giggle.

"Thank you. I like that laugh." Minhyuk said, and laughed with him.

They sat there in awkward silence, as they had no clue what to say to each other.

Damn, should I ask him to hang out after classes? Would if he rejects me? I will be embarrassed.

Whatever Rocky, you can do this! It's just asking someone to hangout! No big d- no it is a big deal. This is Yoon Sanha we're talking about.

Shit. This is so awkward. Just say something!

"Hey, are you doing anything after classes?" Sanha wondered.

What?! Did he just read my mind?!

"Nope, I'm totally free." Minhyuk replied.

"Do you wanna maybe...hangout somewhere and get to know each other?" Sanha suggested with a kind and inviting smile.

"That sounds...nice. Yes, I'd like that." Minhyuk agreed, and gave a smile back.

My heart! It's beating so fast! Why does this keep happening?

The professor walked in and started her introduction for the class.

Thank god! Professor is finally here, we can start class. I can't take these awkward silences anymore!

---

"So, where should we go? Anywhere specific that you have in mind?" Minhyuk asked as the two walked out of the lecture together.

"Maybe that one cafe on campus? It has a nice atmosphere?" Sanha suggested, and Minhyuk agreed with a nod. "Let's go then?"

After an agreement on their location in which they would hangout together, they made their way to the cafe Sanha mentioned and sat down at a table once they ordered drinks from the barista.

"You like strawberry smoothies?"

"Yes, I love them." Sanha answered, and slurped some of his strawberry smoothie that he ordered. "I'm not a coffee type of person."

"Oh." Noted.

"You know, I really like your hair. The color and length really suit you. It looks really great." Sanha complimented.

"Ah~, thank you. I don't get that a lot." Minhyuk thanked, with a sincere smile.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask..but am I pressuring you in anyway?" Sanha wondered, and Minhyuk looked at him in question. "I mean like, pressuring you to hang out... I know we haven't known each other for very long, and I feel like you might be more comfortable being on your own than with someone else; I think maybe I pressured you into hanging out with me?"