0

Some fear fire, while others are destined to become it

Syn Carnahan POV

"I fucking hate you." I growled sinisterly, poison leaking from my words, yet Rebecca just smiled like she thought I was joking. But I wasn't, I definitely wasn't.

"Oh please, don't act like you're better then this. Than me." She purred with the same voice she always used, words dripping in honey and euphoria, as she waved the bottle of vodka she'd stolen from behind the counter in front of my nose.

Knowing just how horrible I was at saying no to the things that I should.

I was an addict, an alcoholic-If that's what it's called. I mean, I could say no. If I really wanted to. But I didn't. Didn't want to say no that is. But I could admit it at least, admit that I was nothing, and no better than this. Than Her.

My eyes locked on the pretty clear liquid that spun inside the bottle, and My body flushed with the desire to be gone.

The music blared like a siren, and it almost sounded like a warning. A warning that told me, that if I fell off again I wouldn't get back up. Rebecca knew that, but she was the type of friend who didn't care about such a thing. And I think that's why I befriended her In the first place.

Because I wanted someone who wouldn't care if I fell off, and didn't come back. I liked testing how far I could go before I broke.

We sat on leather couches, watching the sweaty bodies of horny drunk bimbos and way to handsy men sway across the dance floor as naked woman spun on shining metal poles in every corner of the room.

Money lining the floors, getting trampled on and ripped by pointed heels.

"Come on." She whispered into my ear, brining my focus back to her as she reached up and tilted my face towards her, Before swiping her thumb over my cheek, and over the raised flesh under my eye making me grab her hand quick and pulling it away.

Her boyfriend bought us a private room, and it walls were made of glass so we were still able to see right through it. And everyone could see us.

Her boyfriend owned this club, this brothel. Everything about this place was Illegal. But no one seemed to care, or to ask. This was the type of place where you didn't ask questions and no one talked to the cops.

The type of place that didn't care that Becca straightened a line of coke on the glass counter, while giving me a side eyed smile. "Come on. One line, and one sip." She purred, shaking the bottle in her hand.

Like a bell. The sound of it moving against the glass rang in my ear. Like a warning.

But it didn't matter, it didn't matter at all as I tilted my head back and let her pour the poison down my throat. Her hands wrapping around my neck as I did so.

It burned, but I liked it. And It lit my body up like I was set aflame. Fire kissing it's way up my skin.

Her hand grabbing the back of my neck and she moved me down, handing me the rolled up cash, her long nails scrapping my skin slightly made goosebumps appear on my skin.

"Do it Syn." She whispered a silent demand like she owned me. So I swatted her hand away, and breathed in the powder that mimicked snow.

"See?" She then smiled, as I closed my eyes and leant back. She smirked as she too sat back against the leather, her short dress was now up past her hips exposing her red lace panties.