23

Please just don't leave me alone here

"What the fuck do you mean she is gone?" I hissed through the phone, as I pushed back in my chair, Startling the men sitting before me. The drinks of whiskey and scotch rippling in their glasses.

They stared openly, until my eyes made them turn their gaze away.

"I mean she is fucking gone." Aleksei's hissed, his breath heavy and strained."The cameras are fucked, there is glass everywhere—I've swept every room. Gone." He clarified, and it sounded as if he was running.

Gone. No.

"Where the fuck is my wife?" I hissed, sidestepping the table and walking towards the exit. The businesses men spinning in their chairs to watch me leave, so abruptly in the middle of this meeting.

Gone.

"I have no fucking idea." Aleksei's told me, and I felt a fear I hadn't experienced since she had last been taken from me.

•••

Syn POV

I watched them race through the living room, out the doors, down the elevator. Aleksei yelling furiously into his phone as he quickly followed, his footsteps loud and echoing on the marble floors. Yet I just sat on the patio outside that overlooked the skyline, drinking wine.

I'd dumped the other half of the bottle, on the server in his office that controlled the cameras in a drunken rage as I destroyed his office and smashed the glass coffee table in the living room.

I wonder if they thought I was taken.

I wondered if Elias would even care.

It was as if they couldn't see me, as I sat in the corner by the window, the long drape of the blinds casting me out of view.

The sunset was breathtaking.

I spun the drink around the Crystal, as I looked out at the skyline.

I wasn't sure how long I stared, or how long I watched the city.

Not a single person entered the house for the rest of the day. No one looked for me here. If they were actually convinced I'd left.

Because maybe I did ran. Maybe I was at the train station. The police station. The morgue.

And as I watched the skyline, and how it just echoed the widened of the world, and how it began to darken in the shifting sky, and the neon lights and skyscrapers lit up, I wished to be walking under them.

I wanted to be one of those people down there, clueless to the horrors of this underground world. Clueless that murderers and monsters lived in the penthouse suites they could only ever dream of living in.

It was silent. Way up in this penthouse I couldn't even hear the traffic. Only watch the many people go about their days, make their way home to their families, oblivious to the fact that I was hundreds of feet up watching.

Watching and wishing I was there with them.

The wine made me heavy, and the 2 bottles at my feet explained why.

I heard crashing inside. Glass thrown. Rage.

And I set my head back, staring up at the darkening sky.

The sunset was orange and pink and red. Such a deep and luscious red. The kind of red that when people ask you what your favourite colour is, you would answer and say sunset red.

I heard the pacing and the yells of orders, screams. The frantic pacing.

"Whoever has her, I will rip out their spines." Elias said, and I turned my gaze down. A small smile on my face as I shook my head.