37

Her death would kill Me. It would tear my soul apart, it would skin me bare. It would ruin me, if I hadn't already been ruined by her leaving. Yet I know, she thinks I'd gladly kill her myself.

Syn POV

There was a rage in me. Deep and rotten, corrupting me from the inside out. It felt like a heavy weight In my chest, a sinking weight that spun webs of anger inside me.

And I felt nothing but foolish for letting it get this far. Being blinded by the thoughts that it'd be different, that I could make him different. Foolish for letting myself fall for him, foolish for becoming simply another of the woman he entertained.

I'd done it all before, and I—I let myself do it again against my better judgment. And once again I'm left to pick up the pieces alone. Left to survive it, Alone.

Only this time Instead of solitude and hiding, I was trapped within the walls of another prison, one that echoed with fake smiles and promises and words from a man who called me his family.

I'd long forgotten the want for one. And wouldn't be stupid enough to fall into his hand for it, as he expects I would have. Although the smile and laughter I put in my voice around him surely makes him think different.

A brother. A brother Elias knew I had, a life I didn't know that existed, that was kept from me. Elias told me I was important to him, and for a little while I thought it was for different reasons than for what blood was in my veins.

But None of it was real. and how fucking stupid it was that for just a second—for a second I thought—it doesn't matter any longer what I think.

and so what, I shot him. Who cares. The wounds and scars that happened to me because of him—one fucking bullet wound is barely noticeable in a competition.

And this rage, how he signed those divorce papers like I was nothing to him, I think I'd gladly shoot him again.

"Knock knock." A voice echoed as their hand rasped on the wooden door. The echo spreading wide in this dark room.

"No." I said, sitting up from bed, not that I had even been planning to sleep. I couldn't.

"Open. Hurry." Justice said, quicker this time.

She'd been coming every day since. Like she thought I needed her around to keep myself from breaking down or something.

To most I'm convinced I put on a good enough show as to entertain the idea I never wanted Elias Volkan, but this Damn woman.

She didn't say aloud her thoughts, but in her eyes I knew she was trying to understand. Trying to tell me she knew.

I shot up from bed, and turned the lock, opened the door to her standing smugly in the doorway. Her eyes in a narrow stare. "Peace offering." She said, as I looked at her hands and saw the bottle of wine she clutched.

"Hm." I said, looking over her. "Okay." I smirked lowly, stepping aside as she just sauntered inside and flopped on the bed.

"Where's Silas?" I asked raising my eyebrow, and she lifted her head up for a second to look at me as I closed the door before letting it fall back so she was staring at the ceiling.