27

Oh How calms my storms

Elias POV

All I saw was fucking red.

I plunged the dagger into the traitor's stomach, twisting it as he screamed so pathetically with his eyes on mine like a beg for mercy. At that look of his, I smiled while Twisting the blade and dragging it up further, gutting him, watching as he just bled.

He let that man out of his fucking cell. He let the man out who went to her room and fucking hurt her.

Red.

Syn coming to my mind in a moment as dark as this, and I remember every bruise on her body, and what her fucking blood smelt like.

How she cried when I rinsed the blood off of her. How it felt when she collapsed into my arms, and how I haven't felt anything but anger ever since.

Red. Red. Red. That was all I could fucking see.

When I cut his hands off, when I ripped out his tongue, when I cut him piece by fucking piece, all I saw was red.

I wanted to make him a reminder to anyone else who may go against me, betray me, that this is only the beginning of what I would do to them for it.

When I finally was finished, the anger didn't dissipate. The gut wrenching anger never left.

I hasn't noticed I was In the elevator of my building until Aleksei stood up from the chair he was sitting at in the living room, as well did the handful of other men I'd placed to watch her.

They all looked over at me, Aleksei's eyes widening at the sight of it all, and he chuckled slightly as if he was glad I'd delivered proper retribution for once.

"She's asleep." Aleksei's said, a knife twisting in his hands. My eyes dragging towards her open bedroom door, "has been since you left."

I nodded simply, as they dissipated to the elevator before it closed. Aleksei stayed, and I eyed him.
"tell them the deal is off." I said simply, but he knew what I meant, and he nodded before he too walked into the elevator and they all disappeared.

•••

I thought I liked the blood.

And I do, but—not when it was on her. Not when it was hers.

and definitely not when she was screaming for me to wash it off of her skin. Not when it made her sob against me, her eyes dark and shaded over with thoughts and memories and fear.

Her hand was soft, the skin of her hand so smooth as I held it between my two palms.

She laid so peacefully sleeping, lost from the pain medication she laid on her side with her arm supporting her head she faced me.