4

I don't make promises I don't mean.

It was still pouring rain when we touched down

It was still pouring rain when we touched down. Still Raining as the plane windows traded for a cars.

It rained like the sky was balling over a lover. The clouds were so grey they could be mistaken for black, and thunder rolled over the strip of pavement in a dangerous echo.

I could barely walk, I didn't even care to try. My arms and hands were numb, lifeless, and below my knees was tingling and felt like static. My entire body felt like static was cascading through my veins.

Every one of my breaths were long, desperate.

My eyes still wide, fought to stay open.

I was loosing time, blood. It felt like nothing. I felt nothing. Everyone moment I made was on autopilot.

I was a mess, I looked feral, I could see it. I saw it in the reflection of a puddle on the ground I was kneeling on. Rocks digging indents like freckles on my knees.

I felt like there was nothing behind my eyes. I haven't felt this way in months. I stared, and stared but I felt nothing but anger and exhaustion.

Feining, draining, burning out.

"hey." The pet said, as his hand reached out to grab my chin; forcing my gaze up, straining my neck. I looked away, disobediently, hatefully. He was the right hand of that monster who brought me here.

But If was going to fucking die, I was going to die without them thinking they had even a chance at my submission.

"Look at me." He said In pure, Unhidden disgust and boredom.

"Go fuck yourself" I whispered, with razors and knives coating my lips. He smirked, as he brushed his fucking thumb over my bottom lip and dragged it down—releasing it.

"Do not speak unless he tells you, do not look at him, do not move." He growled then In backfire, as he eyed me up and down once more. Starting from my legs, up and up until the scanned my collarbone, my neck and the bare of my chest.

"Don't move?" I said, shaking just enough the chains rattled. "Think I'll break all these and make my daring escape?" I purred, as he tightening his grip. Harder, eyes like narrow slits.

"He'll kill you in the first minute." He hissed as he pushed me away, and despite him only holding my face—if I wasn't being held, I'd have fallen.

I was like a paperweight made of feathers.

"I'm not scared to die. Are you?" I mocked in a snarl, my bottom lip shaking, spit dripping down my chin.

My vision was blurry, and I had no recollection of how we got to where we are. To the towering mansion that made my apartment feel like a closet.