26

I didn't bother me until I was covered in it

I woke up to the sounds of gunfire. Shots ringing out in echo outside the door. I shot up, the sheets bunching down at my hips as I stared at the door.

The room was dark, and I sucked in a breath as I hesitantly pulled the covers off my body and shot to a stand.

Elias had disappeared long ago, nighttime falling he led me to his room at his base, he left the door unlocked for me. A guard right outside, posted in its stead.

A small amount of light peered from under the door, and a thud came quick as a shot echoed from right outside. I didn't realize what the liquid was that started pooling from under the door until I smelt the crimson blood fill the air.

There was silence, and I blinked for only a second before I was running to the wood and grabbing its handle to push it closed as another twisted from the other side to open it.

My bare feet stepping in the wetness, I was slipping. I was slipping as the person jerked the door, while I pushed in anguish to keep it closed.

The pulling stopped, and I turned the lock. Stepping back with heavy breaths as silence filled the hallway. It only lasted a moment, before the sound of a boot kicking at the hinges sent me walking backwards until my spine was against the opposite wall.

My teeth chattered, as I searched the room with my eyes.

The person on the other side kicked once more, the sound deafening as the door collapsed as came slamming forward into the room.

Light pouring in, a silhouette stood in the doorway.

I stepped back into the shadows, the darkness a rekindled friend of mine. The sound of a cocking gun made me hold my breath, as dark eyes trained onto me in the darkness.

The man was dishevelled, covered in blood half his own and half of others.

They were venomous eyes. Sinister and twisted.

"I wonder how he would feel if I blew your brains all over the wall." He said, his voice laced with acid and whiskey. He stepped forward towards me, the gun still In His hand he switched its safety on and off a few times, all while looking at me.

"What do you want?" I hissed.

"She speaks." He said as he quickly rushed forward and towards me, I ducked under his swinging arm, trying hard to reach the door before he recoiled.

Yet his hands dug into my hair, and he ripped me from where I was standing and into his chest. I fought against him, as he turned the gun on the side of my temple.

Clicking his tongue a few times as I struggled and pulled at his tightened arm that held me in place.

I elbowed him in the side as he toppled for just a moment, not before his hand came out and he set a ringed fist at my face and he knocked me to the floor.