34

He Looks like an angle, but trust me he isn't one.

Syn POV

Syn POV

Do you know that feeling where you know everything is wrong? Like something wrong happened and everything will never be the same?

And whether or not it is all my fault, if this was me being ruinous again, the lies and secrets that permeated me and the ones around me played heavy parts.

But I felt it, I felt that when I heard all kinds of voices float around me like symphonies; hands brushing down the skin my face, fingertips tracing the scar, things happening all around me, and I couldn't move, and I couldn't open my eyes.

I felt like I weighted a million pounds, and every fibre of my body ached with a soreness that burned. Every breath creating a ricochet of pain in my chest.

I tried to open my eyes a million times, I tried to speak but words fell short. I need to wake the fuck up.

I tried—I tried again to move, yet all that I could manage was flexing the tips of my fingers. The darkness behind my eyelids was suffocating. Like I'd been locked away behind some door, and heard people just outside the door, ignoring my screams for help.

I think the fucking worst place possible for me to be right now, is trapped in my own god damned mind. It spun with horrible shit, and I will surely soon go insane.

Elias fucking face flashed through my head. How he looked when I pulled the trigger and he fell back onto the bed. How he looked when I told him everything, as if a truth could save me from the lies that pulled me under. Hell, I doubt he will look at me the same. I never have since.

I could practically still hear him scream my name before ran away, left. His eyes so dark and deep and angered, as he stared through me like he knew this was only a matter of time.

I couldn't tell whether I was furious or regretful. Surely I'd know he'd been lying, and if this all was true, that surely he'd have known all of it. I knew I was a pawn, he'd told me that from the beginning. The first time we spoke. I won't hold that against him. But it was different now, we had been different and that stupid bitch promised no more lies. I would have fucking thought him mentioning my secret extended family member would have been greatly beneficial to our growing stupid relationship.

I should have pried it out of him in that plane.

And now, I had to fucking shoot him. But I guess I'd rather it'd have been me, that that man. I am a shit shot, but a man like him wouldn't die from something as simple as a shot to the side.

It's—it's not like I shot him in the chest, or the head, and surely that's what I was supposed to do. Whoever this was I'm sure that want Elias gone.
Elias tried to stop whatever it was he was supposed to do And they blew up our house to tell us they were coming.