40

Feels like we got matching wounds

"What the fuck." I hissed, as I opened the trunk of the black SUV, an hour after I parked it in the base's garage. A dark haired woman sitting patiently in wait, Her siren like eyes up turning up towards me.

"Fucking finally." She said with a stretch, and she swung her legs out of the car, her little kitten heels hanging off the edge and I shot my gaze around the garage once more to ensure no one was watching me completely basic treason. At least that's what it looked like and I knew it.

"What the fuck." I hissed again, hardening my eyes and looking dead at her, a small smirk turning onto her face like she was amused,

"What's your problem." She said, as she stepped out of the car, and took a few steps away, extending her hands upwards into a stretch of her spine. "Oh!" She said as she walked back to the car, bending over slighting as she searched, standing up she held out a handgun. "I have shitty aim, but I'm pretty sure it'll slow him down a little." She purred, and I shook my head.

"You shot him?" I said, crossing my arms, not so much a question. "Where is Syn Volkan." I said, grabbing her forearm, her eyes shooting to me angrily, before ripping it from my grasp and hardening her eyes.

"She's not a Volkan anymore." She chuckled lowly, as she leant up against The side of the car as I slammed the trunk closed.

"We both know your shitty husband made him sign the papers" I said, knowing the damage that ripped from that moment. A rip that tore and bled and bled. Knowing damn well that Mr.Volkan has been damn near crazed ever since.

"Well No shit. But Syn was pretty convinced." She said to me. "I recall her saying 'I hate him worth a thousand suns.' But that could be mixed signals."

"He tried to protect her." I said to her, and her lips parted for a second as she turned her gaze away.

"She will never see it that way, not now." She sighed as she looked downwards.

"She told me to help you. Why." I hissed, looking around again. "The wife of my bosses enemy, I should put a bullet in your head."

"If Mr.Volakan sees me here will he...you know? Freak?" She said as she perked up a little, looking around like a little mouse.

"Yes." I said nonchalantly, "especially now that he intends to gut and skin Silas and everyone he cares about."

"Jesus Christ." She yelped. "What'd I do?"

"Where is Syn." I said despite her question, and she rolled her eyes.

"Didn't you see her get dropped a million miles into the fucking water? How the hell am I supposed to know where she is." She said, lying. This bitch was a terrible liar.

She was alive. He had to know that. I had to tell him.

He hasn't said a word since they dragged him from the water. Four men had to drag him from the water.
Five men had to hold him down to keep him from diving under again.

He fought against them all even though he was frozen and wet and half drowned just to break under the surface to look again. And again.

He said nothing as he got in the car sopping wet, and said nothing as he went up into the penthouse apartment he wished for them to share, but I could see the way his eyes they—he looked like he was rotting inside and I don't know if there even was a single thing I could say that would stop it.

Maybe Syn didn't know he'd go mad if he thought he lost her forever. Maybe not. Maybe this was her revenge. Maybe not. But All she demanded was the woman. That I take the woman, dark haired and demon eyed and keep her safe.