23: Camp

No POV

Song: Recess
By Melanie Martinez

They’ve set up camp. Remus and Roman are across from each other, Molly sitting next to Remus. Roman and Remus have their knees up, elbows on their knees, holding their own hands together. Molly has both her legs swung to the side like a “lady”. Her hands are in her lap and she fiddles with them. They all stare at the fire. The sky is dark. There’s no breeze. It’s just warm and dark. The moonlight barely showed through due to the clouds covering it so often. Molly thought she should change that, but she didn’t want to talk about all the things she could do with her magic.

Roman wanted to talk more about his parents, but he knew it would upset Remus greatly. Roman also could catch how upset Remus was with something. But again, Roman didn’t want to tick him off more than he already was.

Remus didn’t want to talk about anything. He actually wanted to fall asleep, but something in him told him he should hang on a little longer.

“So,” Roman started, rubbing his thighs awkwardly. “Molly, do you wanna know more about the Picani’s?” He smiled and so did Molly as her head shot up in happiness.

“Yes!” She says, her hands now on the log, her shoulders scrunched up to her jawline. Remus didn’t really, since he already knew more about them. He’s never taken the time to actually know Patton and Logan though...maybe this would be a good time.

Roman pulled out his phone and picked a picture of all him, Logan, Patton, Virgil, and Emile.

“Who’s the one with blonde hair and glasses?” Molly asks.

“That’s Patton. He controls Thomas’ morality.” Roman answers. He loves almost nothing more than to brag about his friends and family.

“Who’s the one with their hair in their face?” Molly asks again, pointing to Virgil. Roman’s cheeks turned red slightly and Remus smiled.

“That’s Virgil. He’s my boyfriend.” Roman said. Molly patted Roman on the back.

“Never would’ve taken you for the “emo” type, but whatever makes you happy, old friend.” Molly says, placing her hand back on the log. She points to Emile. “Why do they look like Patton?”

“That’s Patton and Logan’s child. Emile. Adorable, isn’t he?” Roman says. Molly nods. Then she points to Logan and says nothing. Her face says it all, really. Can’t blame her. Logan is one of the hottest people any of them have ever seen. Even as a kid, almost everyone had a crush on him at some point.

“That’s Logan Picani,” Roman says. “Hot, isn’t he?” Roman smiles at her.

“That is not a boy….that is a man.” She says, drooling over Logan. Roman and Remus laugh. “That man is so fine, holy shit! How does...how do people like him exist? He’s like….DAMN! He’s sexy as fuck!” Molly took her hat off and waved her face with it. Remus and Roman died laughing. They couldn’t disagree.

“Sucks he’s married.” Remus says. Molly looks at him surprised.

“Really? Oh wait...yeah, to Patton, right? Hot and cute...makes sense.” She shrugs, putting her hat back on. Roman puts his phone away and moves to his original spot. He sits in a ball again.

“We know Logan is hot.” Remus says. Roman points to Remus in agreement. Remus does the same. They laugh and set their hands back by their side. Molly laughs with them. She’s more than excited to meet them.