30) Welcome Home!

Roman’s POV

Song: We Are Family
By Keke Palmer

When we arrive at the palace, we place Midnight and Caramel back into their stalls and supply them with more than enough food and water. Maybe a little too much, but they’re smart animals.

We lead Molly back to the Picani house and I knock on the door. Molly on my right, Remus on my left. I know Remus is just as excited to see my friends as I am. Molly, may be filled with some anxiety, but she’s smiling from ear to ear, hoping they like her.

When the door opens, I’m welcomed with a warm and familiar face. It’s a face that has warm white skin, strawberry blonde hair and freckles, that are spread across his cheeks and nose like Patton’s. Along with dark brown eyes and height that belonged to Logan. His perfect teeth shine when he realizes it’s me. Emile Picani.

“Uncle Roman!” He says. He swings the door open and wraps me in a hug. I’m not really their uncle, but Emile has always called me that. I fold my arms around Emile too and laugh. He breaks apart and sees Remus. He smiles widely and holds his arms out for Remus to hug. Remus looks confused. Emile ignores this and wraps my twin in his arms. I try to hide a smile when Remus smirks as he tries his best to pat Emile’s back, because Emile has them pinned down. Emile breaks apart from Remus and stands in his original spot. He turns to look at Molly and holds his hand out.

“Hello, stranger.” He says, happily. “I’m Emile Picani. Who are you and how has your day been?” He asks, speaking quickly like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. Molly takes his hand and shakes it.

“I’m Molleigha Collymore. My day’s been a blast. Thank you for asking.” She smiles. Emile smiles too.

“Of course! Please, come in! Dad made some cookies for when you came back, Roman. Dad was worried about you, Mom was just as worried, but he didn’t show it as much. Virgil was almost in a panic, but dad calmed him down every time with no effort.” Emile said as he held my hand and led me inside. Remus and Molly follow. Patton looks up from his tray of cookies and sees us.

“Who’s his mom?” Molly asks me when we sit down on the couch. Patton just stares at me, wide-eyed and happy.

“Logan. Emile and Chloe sometimes call Logan “mom” because Patton is better known as “dad”.” Remus explains to her.

“Does Logan like being called that?” Molly asks. Remus shakes his head.

“Not really. At least, I don’t think he does. But, they call him that anyway since he never told them to stop. So it can’t bother him that bad.” Remus says. Patton rushes over to me, sits next to me and wraps me in a hug. I hear Molly and Emile talking.

“Roman!” Patton exclaims when he breaks apart. I look at him lovingly. I missed these guys. “How’re you!” He asks.

“I’m fine. I got stabbed, but I’m fine.” I admit. Patton looked horrified.

“OHMYGOSH! Roman! Are you okay? Want me to get you something?” Patton asks me. I shake my hands in denial.

“No thank you, Patton. You’ve been worried and been working hard. Take a break.” I say, patting his shoulder. He takes my hand and sighs. I lift one side of my lips to form a small calm smirk.

“UNCLE ROMAN!” I hear a feminie voice call. I look at the stairs and see a girl run down, who looks to be about 16 years old. Her black hair ends just above her elbows, her skin is pale, her glasses square, her eyes light blue and is average height. Chloe Picani.

I stand up and wrap her in a hug.

“Hey, Peanut! You look so much bigger! Did Logan teach you some Side magic?” I asked, pulling away from her, to reflect on how, when I left, she was just a three year old girl. She chuckles like Logan and I see him walk down the stairs, Virgil behind him. Virgil looks at me and smiles widely. He runs up to me and hugs me as he digs his head into the crook of my neck.

“Yeah, Mom taught me some things.” Chloe said. I see her catch glances with Remus and Molly. I wrap my arms around Virgil.

“You alright, Emo? You weren’t too worried about me, were you?” I ask, smiling. He looks at me with an annoyed look. I laugh.

“I’m the embodiment of anxiety. Of course I’m gonna worry about you.” Virgil says. I pull him in for a kiss as he wraps his arms around my neck and I curve my arms around his waist.

“Hello Remus.” I hear Chloe say. Virgil and I part and I stare at Remus. He smiles at Chloe.

“Hello Chloe.” He says with the same tone she gave him. Chloe then smiles and runs up to Remus. She wraps him in a hug. Remus laughs and hugs her back. Patton and Logan look very confused and concerned. Chloe then looks at Molly. Patton and Logan finally acknowledge her. Chloe gives Molly the same smile that Patton does.

“Hello,” Chloe says, holding her hand out and sitting next to her. “I’m Chloe.” Molly takes her hand and shakes it.

“I’m Molleghia.” She says, smiling. Molly looks at me with a pleasant look. I smile at her and gesture to Patton and Logan. Molly looks at Patton and they greet each other. When Molly greats Logan, she stutters on her words. I figured that Logan’s looks would throw Molly off balance. I laugh and Patton does too. Logan doesn’t seem to notice.

I look back over at Remus and he’s talking to Chloe. She’s laughing. I...I can’t believe it but, I think Chloe and Remus are gonna be good friends.

“Remus,” I tap his shoulder and he looks up at me. “Can I borrow you for a minute?” I ask him. He nods and tells Chloe he’ll be back. I wave at Virgil to let him know I’ll be there in a minute. I walk Remus over to the hallway behind where Logan usually stands in the videos.

“Why don’t you invite Janus?” I ask. Remus cringes slightly.

“I don’t think they’ll like it.” Remus says. “They might get into a fight with Virgil.”

“I’ll keep Virgil away as long as you keep Janus away.” I say. I stick my hand out for him to shake to seal the deal. Remus hesitates, but eventually shakes it. He pulls out his phone and calls Janus. I smile.

“Besides,” I say before I leave Remus while his phone still rings for Janus. “I think Janus will be very pleased to meet Molleghia again.” I tell him. I stride my way over to Virgil with pride.