31) "We're Home"

Roman's POV

Song: Dusk Till Dawn
By Zayn and Sia

We're outside in the backyard, Janus is here and is chatting with Molleigha. They laugh. I'm glad I ran across her again. I feel a sudden tug on my shirt and I see Patton pulling me away to the side of the house. A large shadow casts over us, covering up his glasses a little.

"What'd you do? What'd you find out?" Patton asks, holding his hands together in excitement. I tell him everything and Patton gasps sometimes during my long story. I tell him almost every detail, since every detail matters.

"That's a very long journey! I'm glad you're okay, Roman." He says. I nod and look at my boyfriend, my hands on my hips. The light hits his purple hair where it shines. Virgil doesn't really like the day, but he looks so beautiful. He hides behind Logan slightly, while Logan talks to Remus. I can already see Remus talking inappropriately and Logan sighing roughly. Virgil smirked a few times and my heart literally exploded. Then I see Remus run up to Chloe and pick her up by her legs. She slumped over Remus' shoulders, him holding onto her by the indent of her legs. I see her laugh.

"However," I hear Patton say. I look back at him, my hands still on my hips. "I'm a little upset you just decided to get up and leave like that, Roman. Plus, all you left me was a note! Next time you do that, just wake me up and tell me." Patton says, smiling. I smile and chuckle lightly, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly.

"It was sudden even for me, to be honest. How'd Logan do with the kingdom while I was gone?" I ask.

"Fine. It was peaceful. As usual." He said. I opened my arms for Patton to walk into. We snaked our arms around each other and laughed.

"I'm glad you're back, best friend." Patton said. I laughed. Patton and I have that kind of relationship where we yell positive things at the other one until the other one gives up. We call each other mean names, but in the end, we don't mean any of it. Patton has been my ride-or-die since the day I met him. If it's anyone who knows all my secrets, it's Patton Picani. I love this man so much.

"I'm glad you missed me, weirdo." I laugh. Patton breaks apart and lightly slaps my shoulder playfully. He smiles and we walk back to the group, hand in hand. Our hands swing exaggeratedly back and forth. We almost fell back when our arms couldn't go up and back any further.

I look at Remus and he's smiling, still having Chloe on his shoulder. She doesn't even fight back. I lead Patton to Remus. I can tell he gets nervous as he grips my hand tighter.

"Hey Chloe. How's it hanging?" I ask. I know it's cheesy, but I don't care. She groans in annoyance at me. I can see Patton looking at her nervously. The side of her head is to Patton, so Chloe would have to turn her head half way to see her father.

"I'm fine, Roman. Although, it'd be much appreciated if you could get your twin to put me down." She says, speaking like Logan.

"Chloe, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a female Logan." Remus laughs, bouncing her up and down once. She laughs, then hits his back. Remus fakes being in pain and sets her down. She hits his arm playfully. The same thing Patton did to me. I smile.

"I didn't know you two were friends." Patton said, looking at both of them. Remus shrugs. Chloe nudges Remus a bit.

"He's alright." She says. I can already tell that Remus' heart felt warm. It must be nice to be liked by someone who isn't just your brother. Remus and I look at each other and we smile.

We're home.