16: More Catching Up

Remus' POV

SONG: Wild Things
By: Alessia Cara

"OMG, YEAH!" I screamed. "Do you remember when we placed Janus on the very top of my bed and pretended that they were a princess and we had to fight Molly to get to them? That was so much fun." I say sighing and remembering how much fun we had. Roman finally laughs.

"Yeah. Then when Janus came down on their own, they pushed us to the ground. OH! But, Janus grabbed my sword and pointed it at us. That was funny and badass, now looking back at it." Roman says. I laugh and so does Molly.

"Roman, remember when the chocolate filling in our pies that was actually mud? Mom ate a lot of mud when we were 4, didn't she?" I laughed. We had the royal bakers bake a pie and add some mud into the chocolate filling in the pie every year for April Fool's day. We knew when we were older that Mom always knew what it was, but she liked to see our reactions, so she always ate it and never put on a different face. She always said the same thing.

"It's delicious boys. Thank you." Smiled her queen smirk, and then shooed us away. We laughed every time.

"That was funny as shit!" Roman said. I knew Molly had no idea what we were talking about, but we're here to fill her in. Ha! Like pie filling? I'll stop.

"Wait! Do you remember when we went into the barber shop as a kids, as the barber called us dumb because we always took the two quarters instead of the dollar bill?" Roman says to me. I smirk while I look forward. I remember that all too well. It was my idea to always take the quarters.

"What? Why did you guys take the quarters instead of the dollar bill. The dollar is worth more. Even though you guys are royalty and have a shit load of money." Molly says. Roman and I chuckle.

"We do have a lot of money, and we are royalty, but he didn't know that." I tell her softly.

"Plus, we always bought ice cream for ourselves or someone else when we took the quarters." Roman said.

"But, why not take the dollar every time?" Molly asks us.

"Molly, if we took the dollar, the game would be over." Roman told her, leaning back to her a bit. Molly burst out laughing and congratulated us for being so smart.

"I've got a good one." Molly says. We turn to look at her interested.

"This was before I left the kingdom, so I knew you boys. I was about 5 years old, maybe 6. Anyway, I found a spider crawling on my wall. I leaned my head against the wall and it crawled into my hair. I took it out, looked at it, then set it back on my head, because that's where I thought it belonged. The next day, when my mother was combing my hair, she found spiderwebs in my hair and it scared her shitless." Molly said.

"Ew! That's fucking disgusting!?" Roman yelled but laughed at her. I looked at her with a smirk that said "That's badass." She smiled and lifted her eyebrows a bit. She's weird as hell, Roman and I know, but we like it as much as she does.

A cold silence grew between all of us. We didn't know what to say. I figured this was a good time to ask Roman something that's been bothering me lately.

"Roman," I say, looking forward and sounding dry or boring. I sat up straighter than before. Roman hadn't turned to look at me, but Molly did. "Do you remember me talking about Logan and Patton's kids? The ones that are impossibly related to both of them?" I ask.

"It's not impossible, Remus. We all saw it happen." Roman says. He clears his throat. "But yes. I remember. Why?"

"Well, how're they related to Logan and Patton if they're both boys?" I ask him. Molly looks very confused.