19: Little Library

No POV

SONG: Walls Could Talk
By Halsey and Nico Collins

"Well," Roman says, placing his hands on his hips. A tiny stream of blood slowly runs down the side of his face. Roman is covered in dust, dirt, grass and slime. His clothes are wrinkled and ready to tear. His hair is a mess, his hands are dirty and rough, his boots are covered in dirt and grass. Roman's green eyes shine bright and are the shiniest thing here.

Remus' hair is just as much of a mess as Roman's. His clothes are bloody and stained in it. Grass, slime, dust and debris cover him from head to toe. Blood covers his hands, knees, clothes and his lip. His dark red eyes, the color of a red river, stick out the most about him.

Molly's hair is just as messy. It's poofy and tangled. Her tights are ripped and she's bleeding on her calf. Her hat and cape is ripped slightly. Her face is dark and gray with dust and smoke.

The group drops blood as they walk towards the huge door that they fought hard to get too. The sound of footsteps echoed through the room as each of them took their own step. The sound of two people walking confused Molly. She said nothing about it.

Roman pushes open the huge doors and they gaze at the little library. It's tiny and it's full of broken books. The floor is wooden, glazed over with a clear font. Some floorboards stick up out of the floor. The walls are a dark black and the wallpaper is falling down. It smells damp. They heard Remus make a shrug sound.

"I was expecting more." He said. Roman walked to the middle of the room. He looked up and saw a chandelier clearly on its last thread. Roman sighed. For some reason, he felt emotional. Like, this place reminds him of some deja vu. He misses home. He misses Virgil. He misses his parents.

"Guys, let's stand here and reflect on something." Molly said. Roman and Remus turned to her. "Your parents tried so hard to get here, and here you guys are. Your parents, who were experts, never made it this far." Molly said. Remus looked at Roman and they smiled. They didn't need to say anything to know that she was 100% right. They came this far...there's no giving up now.

"Right," Roman said. He didn't know what else to say. He didn't want to seem rude by changing the subject, but he didn't know what else to add to that statement.

"Alright," Roman continues. "Remus, what're you doing?" Remus has picked up a book, placed it back and walks down the little alleyway, looking at book titles. Molly turned to face Remus. She smiled.

"These are all books about dark magic. Look. Witchcraft spells, Side explanation, history about Sides, things like that." Remus says, turning back to Roman, smiling. Roman sighed.