Epilogue

Roman's POV

Song: Secret
By The Pierces

I feel another tug on my shirt. I let go of Patton's hand and he looked at me questioning. I look and see Molly pull me away. I look back at Patton and shrug in a playful way, letting him know that it's probably nothing.

"Molly, is there a problem?" I ask as she pulls me inside. She walks me into the kitchen and crosses her arms. She seems hesitant, but angry too. I get nervous.

"It's about the Picani's." Molly says subtly. I laugh, even though she isn't.

"They're amazing right!? All of them are loyal to a fault. You'll never find a more imperfectly perfect family than them." I say, thinking of my friends and their kids.

"No, I'm talking about Emile and Chloe. Do they know?" Molly asks me, looking at me. Her eyes are dark and serious. It's clear she's not playing around anymore. She's not pretending.

"Know what?" I ask.

"A rule must've changed while I was gone. Because last time I checked, Roman, Sides aren't allowed to have kids." She says, her arms still crossed. She has all of her weight shifted to one leg. Molly's voice is stern, serious, but monotone. I can't play this game for very long until she starts to lose her temper.

"Look, Molly," I say, trying my best to get away from this situation. "I don't know what you're talking about, but Emile and Chloe are fine. Besides, what do you mean Sides can't have kids? There's plenty of people in the village who have children." I say, smiling and crossing my arms too.

"They're villagers who're part of Thomas' head. They don't control anything about him. They're just...there. Logan and Patton are Mentor Sides, correct?" Molly asks.

"Yes." I say.

"They can't have kids. I don't care how or why, but they can't. I'm pretty sure it's against some sort of law." Molly says. She flatens her palm upward towards me to say: You know this.

"Molly, I'm sorry," I say, starting to walk away. "I don't understand what you want from me. Logan and Patton haven't done anything wrong. Period." I say and I start to walk away.

"Emile and Chloe are gonna have to die, Roman." She says. I stop in my tracks. My back is towards her. I can feel her waiting for me to say something or to turn around, but I don't. I'm too scared to move. "Logan and Patton are Sides. They have biological children, and last time I checked, Sides aren't allowed to have children, due to fear of having the "host", or Thomas in this case, getting 'off balance'." She says. I turn to face her, angry.

"If you hurt them, I swear to God, I will hurt you so bad that you'll be lucky to even survive what I'll do to you." I say, threateningly. I speak between my teeth. I clench my fists and purse my lips into a line. I hear someone getting ready to light a match in the pit of my stomach.

"I won't hurt them, Roman. It's you who has to do it. You and Remus both know it." She walks up to me and stands in front of me. I look down at her, she looks up at me, but we both know that we're both on very dangerous ground. Her hands are by her side. It takes a lot in me to not jump out and yell at her.

"I will have you know this," She says softly. "If you don't kill them in three months, I'll do it for you." She says. We stay there for another 30 seconds before she walks away and goes outside.