2: Castle Library

Remus' POV

SONG: Dynasty
By: MIIA

I know this castle like the back of my hand. I know every little secret passage, every crack in the walls, every piece of history, etc. I know it all. So, it's no surprise that I easily break into my old home with no problems. All I had to do was take a boat over here, get on the palace grounds (piece of cake), push a small part of the outside wall in, and it formed a passage for me. I stepped inside and walked to the castle library.

I pushed another door and I entered the hallway to the library. I rushed to the doors, my black hoodie flowing behind me like Severus Snape from the Harry Potter movies. I chuckled to myself at the thought.

Anyway, I silently pushed open the library door, and closed it behind me. I stepped forward and saw thousands and thousands of books. Like that one scene from the original Beauty and the Beast. Where Belle goes into the Beasts' castle library and is in awe at how huge the room is. That's me right now. It's been years since I've come in here and I've read about half of these books. From "How to be a good King" to "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume. Books about every topic you could think of was in here. The walls were a perfect white with a thin gold vine pattern, the floors and steps were drenched in a perfect white tile. The railings for the steps and the second floor of the library were a marvelous gold. The big windows had the moon shining onto the floor. Tables with lamps were all over, some with books already on them. I loved this library. It was always quiet. Now that I think about it, it did look very similar to the library in the live-action Beauty and the Beast.

I walked up the steps, my feet trying not to make a sound. I touched the railings as I went up. They were cold. I looked at the books as I walked to the secret passageway. Some books looked new, others looked like they hadn't been opened in years, others seemed just old and worn out.

I stood in front of the passageway and pushed a button that looked like it was part of the wall decor. Rudely and sorta abruptly, the passageway door went back, then behind. I walked in and saw that it was my mom's old Study Room (as she called it). It was really just a room filled with her favorite books, her journals, and a large window looking to the HUGE garden the castle had. I noticed there was a seat, a table, and a pillar with a book on it.

I turned to mom's old desk and saw her journal. The journal she had stopped writing in because she had....died. It's hard to even think about. I wonder how disappointed she would be in me if she saw me today. Probably would be disgusted. Oh well. She's dead now and it doesn't matter.

I picked up the journal and put it in my bag that went around my neck and across my chest. Like a trapper or a satchel. Whatever you wanna call it. It was black and had my symbol on the front.

"What're you doing with that?" I hear behind me. I bring out a dagger and point it to the person. They look at me very confused. I know this person. I know them very well.