28: Gossip?

No POV

Song: Centuries
By Fall Out Boy

It was a week later and Roman was ready to head back home. Remus and Molly were too, to be honest. They were exhausted and wanted nothing more than to lie in a warm bed in a cool room. Plus, Molly wanted to meet Logan, Patton, Virgil, Emile, Chloe and see Janus again. Maybe she could even get to know Thomas a little better.

They walk to the exit towards the Imagination with Caramel and Midnight. They heard some low chatter near Town Square. Roman and Remus looked at each other, secretly asking with their faces if they should check out what the lack of sound is. They agreed silently and walked towards Town Square. Roman was first, but he squeaked and pushed Remus back against a wall.

"What?" Remus asked. He held onto Midnight's reins. Roman took a deep breath.

"Side Hunters." Roman said. Remus looked confused.

"Here? In TipTon? That doesn't make sense. This town doesn't even have Sides." Remus says.

"What're Side Hunters?" Molly asks. Remus turns to her and explains.

"Side Hunters try to kill Sides like Roman and I. We don't know why, but we do know that all they want is to try and kill the "host", or in my case, Thomas. They'll do anything to kill us." Remus says. Molly sighs.

"Would they kill me?" She asks. Remus thinks for a minute.

"Not likely." He says. He looks back at Roman and he's focused on the people talking.

"I'm looking for-" One of the Side Hunters said.

"Look, I know who you're looking for. He's not here. I'm sorry." A villager said. Roman was surprised the Side Hunter hadn't snapped back, let alone killed him by now.

"Sir, I understand you're frustrated. A complete stranger, myself, and his partner walk into your town demanding to know where Roman Sanders is. But, I need to find out where he is. He's dangerous to this world." The same Side Hunter said. Roman looked around the corner and saw two large men wearing black suits with black ties. Roman almost snickered at how much they looked like the Men in Black.

"I don't care who you are. I don't know where Roman Sanders is." The villager said sternly, trying to let the Side Hunter know that he's on very dangerous ground right now.

"How do they not know where you guys live? You live in a big castle, right? In the Imagination?" Molly asks, tugging on Remus' black sleeve. Remus turns to her and whispers politely.

"They don't know where we live because they travel everywhere. They could be in Thomas' head at one point, then in Joan's the next and they wouldn't even realize it. Besides, our kingdom is hidden behind a huge acre of woods, so you'd need to travel into the woods to find the Imagination. Not only that, but it's surrounded by a huge wall to keep Side Hunters out. A wall only Side Hunters and the Royal Family can see." Remus explains.

"Okay, but who's Joan?" Molly asks.

"Joan's Thomas' best friend." Remus says. Molly shakes her head in understandment.

"We don't need to hear the rest of this. Let's go." Roman says. He takes Caramel and walks away from the Side Hunters. Remus and Molly following.

When they hit the woods, Roman and Molly climb on top of Caramel and Remus hops on Midnight. They're ready to head home.