1: Should I, Should I Not?

Remus' POV

SONG: Emperor's New Clothes
By: Panic! At the Disco

I'm sitting across from my boyfriend, Janus. Or as you know them, Deceit. But, we dine into our food for dinner and a thought that's been crossing my head for years finally takes control over me.

"How would you feel if I went over to the Imagination and found out why I'm so different from Roman?" I asked Janus out of nowhere. It was so quiet before. The only sound was soft breathing, forks, knives and spoons clinking to the plates. The sound of our glasses being lifted to our lips and set back down onto the wooden table. The feeling in the air of both of us wanting to say something, but never having anything to say.

When Janus looked up at me, the sunset light hit their beautiful scales in a fluorescent way. Their eyes shined and glimmered. Their lips perfectly shaped, one hand holding a fork, the other on their lap, their body perfectly postured, and every hair just right (Janus found it rude to have his hat on during lunch and dinner, so they never had it on). They were just perfect and the way the light hit Janus made the view even better. It took almost everything in me to not get up, drag him to my room and fuck them right then and there.

A very old memory pops into my head. We haven't even met Virgil yet. I had first met Janus when I was about 8 years old. I was bored that day and wanted to get out of the castle. I ran to the river and that's where I met Janus. They was shy at first, but the next day we met, we clicked and have been friends since. It didn't even bother me that over time, Janus had grown scales and was tossed out by their family because of it. We still don't know why they're half snake (on their body, in their personality, etc) , but it doesn't bother me. I like it. Yet, the memory that popped into my head should've been a sign for something. We were maybe 14 at the time. They had started to develop snake scales on their face and body at this time.

"I like the way you worry about me." I said.

"Somebody has too." Janus snapped at me, smirking his devil smirk.

In our room at night we played Mario Kart (I'm old, I know). We danced along to music. I was fascinated by Janus' body. "Lay down," I said. "And I'll count the scales on your legs." He couldn't reach them, but I could.

"What for?"

"Aren't you curious? Don't you wanna know how many scales you have on your waist and thighs?"

"Curiosity killed the cat," Janus said.

I looked at him as if he was beyond hope. "A person without curiosity may as well be dead."

I could tell Janus hoped inside that somebody would explain that to his mother. To prove Janus was far from dead, he lay on my bed with his underwear pulled down, laughing hysterically as I counted scale by scale out loud. "Sixteen!" I said, announcing the grand total on his inner thighs. "You're so lucky!"

"I don't see what's lucky about having sixteen snake scales on my inner thighs."

"You would if all you had was this!" I pulled down my shorts to show Janus my own inner thighs. Clean, boring, pale, white skin. Not that Janus hadn't seen it before.

Later that night, we discovered we had something we called The Power. The Power was in between our legs. We'd discovered that if we rubbed it in a certain way it was like an electrical current buzzing through us.

That night, we came up with a new game. We had pretended to meet a random good-looking girl. When we played, we took turns pretending to be the beautiful stranger, lying on top of one another, rubbing The Power against the other's Power until the electrical current buzzed through our bodies. We worried if we would be conciered gay, but I said "no" because we pretended to be doing it with a girl. Yet, somewhere inside me, I felt like Janus was better to be with than some stuck-up girl.