14: Old Friend

No POV

SONG: Count on Me
By: Bruno Mars

“We should run! This is getting too rough!” Remus yells at me. Their parents taught us not to run, but Roman knew his twin was right. The ground was shaking more violently and there was this large breeze that even bent the trees. Roman nodded at Remus. He turned Midnight forward and they charged ahead. Carmel and Midnight didn’t fight thrm, either. They agreed. All of them knew there was some kind of danger.

The twins still rode with their weapons at their side. They bounced up and down as Midnight and Carmel fully sprinted as fast as they could away from the shaking ground, the harsh wind that whistled through the trees, and the aura of fear and curiosity.

They heard a huge BOOM a few feet ahead of them. They stopped their horses and looked up at the very large creature standing in front of them. This thing had to be at least 100 feet. Maybe as large as the Statue of Liberty. It spread out it’s wings and roared. The wings looked like they belonged to a dragon. It had what appeared to be a witch's hat on, a green emerald in the middle of it’s chest, and a long tail. It had horns that reached up behind it's ears(?).

The yell it made nearly knocked the twins off their horses. They closed their eyes and lifted their arms to hide their faces. When the creature was done with it’s roar, they looked up at it in anger, ready to take it down. The creature looked down at the boys, then it took a step back. Within a few moments, a purple, pink and green gust of smoke surrounded the creature.

When the smoke cleared, Roman and Remus still couldn’t see who was in front of them, due to trees and them being so far away.

“Whoever is there, step forward and we can talk about this.” Roman said in a shout tone. Remus groaned.

“Why can’t we just kill them?” He asked him, getting angry already. They haven’t really spoken today and they’re already arguing.

“Jesus, Remus. We don’t know them. You don’t want this persons’ blood on your conscience.” Roman said, returning the attitude. He pointed to where the figure was with his sword.

“No,” he said sternly. “You don’t want this persons’ blood on your conscience. I wouldn’t mind it.” He admitted. Roman groaned loudly.

“For once, can we not argue about this, Remus. Please.” He begged. Roman set his hands by his legs, nearly ready to give up arguing with Remus.

“Um...I hate to be rude,” The person said. It was light and soft. Very feminine. They turned to look ahead of them. Where the creature was. “But, I have a feeling I know you boys.” They say. The person steps forward and the twins can finally see them. Remus and Roman gasp.

The girl has long chocolate brown hair that goes down to the start of her hips. She has limestone skin, with mocha brown eyes. She has heart shaped lips with high cheekbones. Her waist is in and her bosom is out more than Roman remembers. She wore a black witch’s hat, a necklace with a green stone, a purple dress that went down to her knees, black tights, black boots that went to her ankles, and a dark purple cape that Roman could tell was used for going over the shoulders and covering the whole body, but she had the ends behind her shoulders, so she revealed her clothes to the twins.

“Molleigha!?” Remus shouts. (Moll-Leah-A) The girl’s face lights up. She nods quickly and starts walking to us. The twins hop off their horses. Roman holds up his left hand to tell her to stop moving and she does.

“To prove it’s you, tell me… who was our snake friend?” Roman asked. He knew she knew who Janus was.

“Janus Van-Zee. He was quite the charmer.” She says, holding her hands close to her chest, remembering the fun times those four had together.

“It’s not her.” Roman says, striding towards her with his sword in hand. She backs up a bit in surprise.

“WHAT? Wait, Roman!” She screams. She notices as Remus grabs Roman’s hand with the sword in it. He looks at Remus.

“She doesn’t know Janus is Gender Fluid, dumbass.” Remus says. Roman face palmed. His face turned red and Molleigha laughed a little. Roman put his sword away in it’s slouch.

“Molly, I’m so sorry.” Roman apologized. Molleigha chuckled a little.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry I didn’t know that Janus was Gender Fluid. I’ll be sure to call them a “they/them” from now on.” She said apologetically. Roman smiled, but Remus shot forward to embrace her in a warm hug. Roman looked confused. He’s never seen Remus give other people a hug before in a long time.

“MOLLEIGHA!” Remus screamed in joy. Molly was a little taken aback at first, but she wrapped Remus in a hug too. “It’s been forever since I’ve seen you!” He says, breaking away. He still has his hands on her arms, her hands are on his too.

“I know! How’ve you been? How’s the kingdom holding up?” She asks. Remus and Roman go silent. Roman squints a little in despair. Remus finally lets go and stares to the side. Molly looks confused.

“What?” She asked. “Did I miss something?”

“You’ve got a lot to catch up on.” Roman says from afar.