| thirteen |

Lexi sat on a chair at the roundtable, looking at the holographic screen that displayed the security footage of the glass cell holding Loki, and watched closely as Fury made his way round the room to interrogate the Asgardian

"In case it's unclear" Fury began as he walked over to the control panel at the side of the room, starting to hit some buttons, "if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass..." The floor beneath the cell Loki was in opened, the air rushing in the vent as Loki peered over the edge through the glass, the shock evident on his face. "...it's 30,000 feet straight drop in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Fury questioned before closing the hole over, the room becoming quieter as the sound of the whooshing wind from outside no longer being heard.

"Ant" Fury said, gesturing to the cell, or more specifically Loki inside the cell, "Boot" he moved his hands to gesture to the button that would release the steel cage Loki was trapped in. Loki began to chuckle as he walked closer to the centre of the cell, grinning happily as though he was unfazed by what Fury was saying.

"It's an impressive cage" he snickered, gesturing around him, "not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you" Fury replied casually.

"Oh, I've heard. A mindless beast" Loki taunted, walking towards the camera outside the cell as if he knew everyone would be watching, or more specifically 'The Hulk' would be. "Makes play he's still a man."

Lexi gaze flickered up from the holographic screen to where Bruce Banner stood, who evidently went stiff at Fury's sentence as he felt all eyes in the bridge on him. Trying not to make him uncomfortable, Lexi quickly diverted her eyes back to the screen in front of her as she focused back in on the conversation at hand.

"How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki continued.

"How desperate am I?" Fury questioned with slight anger and annoyance, "you threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh" Loki breathed out. "It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what?" he said smiling, "a warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury lip twitched slightly before he walked away from the cell, shouting back to Loki, "Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

The screens displaying the footage on the roundtable disappeared as Fury exited the cell room. "He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce joked as the feed left the screens.

"Loki's gonna drag this out" Steve stated before he looked toward the blonde Asgardian, "so, Thor, what's his play?"

Thor stood facing away from the table, his arms crossed as he looked deep in thought. "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor of any world known" Thor replied before turning to face them. "He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."