| sixteen |

Lexi met up with Steve, Natasha and Clint on the landing of the helicarrier as planned, greeting the three with a quick nod and ignoring Natasha's disapproving looks, though the redhead held her tongue, not wanting another argument between the two...

Lexi met up with Steve, Natasha and Clint on the landing of the helicarrier as planned, greeting the three with a quick nod and ignoring Natasha's disapproving looks, though the redhead held her tongue, not wanting another argument between the two to break out. The four of them strived purposely through the crowds of SHIELD workers towards a Quinjet that lay at the opening of the take off pad, the ramp wide open, allowing the quartet to walk on through.

"Hey, you guys aren't authorised to be in here," one of the SHIELD workers spoke nervously as he approached the four. 

"Son, just don't," Steve demanded, the young man being quick to leave the Quinjet as he shrunk under the stern gaze of the Captain. Clint quickly entered the pilot seat as he began firing up the jet while Natasha shut the ramp, taking a seat next to Lexi soon after. 

"Are you sure you're up for this?" the redhead spoke quietly to Lexi, both of their gazes fixed forward as they adjusted the comms devices in their ears.

"What happened to losing the privilege to input into my life, huh?" Lexi quipped, turning around to raise her eyebrows questioningly at the woman.

"I'm just saying, no one will blame you for sitting this out."

"And I'm just saying... I'm fine."

"Your dad won't be happy."

"My dad can't say anything considering he has done far worse than fight with a scratched leg," Lexi muttered, her hands now focused on fixing her weapons, ensuring each knife, bullet and gun would work how it's supposed to. 

New York soon came into view, Lexi rising to her feet, her jaw dropping at the sight before her as she slowly made her way to the front of the Quinjet. A large blue beam was emitting into the sky from the Stark Tower, creating a gaping hole into space in the atmosphere as hundreds... no, thousands, of alien like creatures invaded New York.

"Holy shit," she gasped, her mind unable to comprehend everything that was happening. Natasha joined her at her side, her finger going up to press her comms as the jet got closer to the city.

"Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast."

"What? Did you stop for drive-through? Swing up Park. I'm gonna lay 'em out for you," Tony's voice filtered through all of their ears, and Lexi wondered how he'd react when he seen her appear at the battle. She decided that, until it was necessary, she would stay as quiet as possible so as not to alert him of her presence.

Lexi held tightly onto the handle at the top of the Quinjet as Clint - and now Natasha - swung the jet around, heading for Park like Tony had ordered, Natasha preparing the machine gun to shoot at the Chitauri Army members as they approached. After they had taken out the majority of the Chitauri chasing Tony, Clint turned the plane up towards Stark Tower as Natasha began to fire at Loki who sat atop the building.