Devilled Eggs

(This chapter is quite long with maybe over 2,000+ words I haven't checked yet, so good luck simps. The best of luck to you guys.)

As we heard hundreds of small metallic legs running and gun shots flying in different directions, we took a sharp turn down another road in the village. Wheatley somehow turning it into an action movie pose where you slightly skid to the side on the turn and ground yourself with your hand.

I was behind him and was honestly kind of impressed- but I couldn't praise him right now we were running from dozens of turrets! I was able to catch up with him and took a quick glace to him to see his astonished expression. I smiled briefly and took his hand in mine, pulling him forward to catch up with Doug.

"Doug! Where the bloody hell are we going?!" Wheatley yelled, tripping and losing balance for a second. His grip tightened around my hand as he pulled himself forward beside me once more, the black-beared man still leading our escape. "The big school over there! Mr. Davis said he has some things to help defend ourselves!" He said pointing over to the large school up ahead.

We made it about halfway down the stone path when Doug turned around and let me and Wheatley run past him. "Doug?! What are you doing?!" I said slowing down a bit.

"Don't worry jus keep going!" He said, taking out a mini-companion cube from his pocket. The pink heart glowed like it was radioactive.

Before I could ask, Wheatley yanked on my arm and quickly picked up the pace. With our conjoined force we slammed open the door and ran inside. I turned around to have a glimpse at Doug throwing the small box, it opening and releasing several blinking beads. And just as quickly as they appeared, they suddenly detonated like bombs!

For being relatively small items, the total explosion was HUGE. The majority of the turrets chasing us immediately combusted, it was raining bolts and screws. I looked upon the sight in awe, Wheatley having a similar look but letting out a few laughs.

Doug covered the top of his head and as he came closer and closer to the school I could see the accomplished grin on his face. "Dr. Rattmann that was-" "THAT WAS AWESOME!" I interjected, stars in my eyes and an excitable smile.

"Yeah what she said." Wheatley said pointing his free-hand thumb at me. "C'mon we can't let them through!" He said helping us block the large front door, his voice laced with laughter. We all took a moment to take in what we just saw, the atmosphere taking a rather serious tone. "What were those things?" Wheatley asked.

"Turrets." I said. "Yes, and lots of them. But why? Last I checked we only made one.." Doug said, muttering the last bit. "Well apparently someone made more, much to our dismay I'd say." I said. "No shit (Y/N)." Our idiot said.

I wheezed, remembering the dumb joke I made earlier. He cocked an eyebrow at me, but then turned his attention to the hall of lockers behind him.

"Where are we?" He asked. Now regaining my previous train of thought, (and running through the town,) this felt like an all-too-familiar sight. I felt the pride build up inside of me, staring dreamily at the half Christmas decorated halls of my past. "My local school. Welcome to the one and only, uncreatively named, Harper High!" I said standing infront of..

My friends. Yeah. That sounds right, doesn't it?

Well, a friend and an idiot. "You used to go here?" Doug said kind of surprised. "Go here? I lived in this town. Of course I did." I said nonchalantly, I lazily gestured to our surroundings. He mouthed an 'ohh..' and started to look around in awe. Although this not being a big school, it certainly had a grand style to it.

The town had a big fascination with space, hence the detailed recreations of the stars and constellations on the ceiling slightly visible with the natural light around, but I knew they were there. There were carved wooden supports polished with wax from time to time, matching well with the shiny marble flooring.