Draupadiharan

Draupadi loved to live in forests among animals and lakes and nature's secrets with her husbands. One day, Pandavas had to for some work quite near their hermitage. They told Draupadi to take care of herself and not to venture out of her hut.

After they went, Draupadi started completing her daily-work of preparing meals for her husbands.

Jayadrath, the king of Sindhu, one who was brother-in-law of Duryodhan and husband of Dusshala, was travelling through Kamyaka forests when he saw Draupadi's hut.

Draupadi had come out of her hut near one lake near her hut to fetch water when Jayadrath saw her. That lady was flawlessly beautiful. Jayadrath was mesmerised with her transcendental smiling face and slender and dark body which made her seem like a Goddess! Such was Draupadi's splendour which would attract any lustful man towards her.

Jayadrath was lustful when he saw that ravishing lady. He kept his chariot near to her hermitage and went to her hut. When she saw him, Draupadi came out and asked him "Who are you revered one?" Jayadrath said "I'm Jayadrath, husband of Dusshala, only daughter of Gandhari. Can I get some water?" Draupadi gave him water as he had requested her.

After sipping some water he said to her "Oh beautiful woman! What if you your self give me water each day?" Draupadi knew something was wrong so she tried to avoid him. "If you are done then can you leave? My husbands are not with me now and it's not correct for you to stay with some one's wife for more time Oh king." Listening to Draupadi's words he asked her "Who are you? Why did you say "husbands?"

"I'm Draupadi, wife of Pandavas", she replied with pride in her tone. Jayadrath was mad towards her and only had one wish to take her with him and make her his maharani.

"Oh Draupadi! One ravishing lady like you does not deserve to be in forests with your husbands. Come with me to my kingdom where you will be my queen and all your desires will be fulfilled."

Draupadi was shocked when she realised intention of Jayadrath

Draupadi was shocked when she realised intention of Jayadrath. "I'm warning you Jayadrath, do not try to touch me. My husbands will be returning here and when they see you uttering these words they will not leave you alive!" She angrily was staring towards him and warning him.

His tone had also changed now as he only desired Draupadi. "I will take you with me if you do not come with me." He started pulling Draupadi and pushing her to his chariot while she was screaming. "Oh Sri Narayan! Help me from this cruel and vile husband of Dusshala! Oh Pandavas! Where are you? Come to save your wife. Save me from this Jayadrath. Save me Yudhisthir!" she was screaming.

She tried leaving his hold from her but he was not ready to leave her. Hearing her cry, Yudhisthir said to all his brothers, "Why is our Draupadi shouting? Maybe she is in  trouble! We must go to her. Come let's go." All Pandavas ran back to their hermitage and were shocked to see Jayadrath pulling her into his chariot and she was screaming. He had managed to get her upon his chariot when Vrikodara grabbed his neck and threw him down thus, hurting him.

"You came here to take our beloved Draupadi? No man can try to touch her when we are there" Arjun said to Jayadrath who was lying helpless. Vrikodara started kicking Jayadrath and Nakul slapped him. Yudhisthir sent near Draupadi and was pacifying her. "Are you fine dear Draupadi?" he asked her. "I'm fine Arya", she said to him. Sahadev was waiting near her as well.

"Leave me, leave me Oh Pandavas!" cried Jayadrath. "I will not leave you cruel Jayadrath. I will slay you now" shouted Bheemsen.

But Draupadi stopped him from slaying Jayadrath. "You are preventing me from slaying this cruel Jayadrath!" he said to her as he was surprised.

"Yes Arya. Do not slay this Jayadrath. I know he tried to forcefully take me from here and you have already given him punishment for his mistakes. Think about your sibling Dusshala. She will be one widow if you slay him. Would you want to be ashamed of your self for slaying your sibling's husband? You have given him his punishment and he must be sent now to his own kingdom".

Listening to Panchali, Pandavas were proud of her virtues as she had thought about their sibling Dusshala and tried to forgive him. "Oh Jayadrath, see this lady who has rescued you today and whom you were pushing with force! If she had not stopped us, we would have been slaying you" Arjun angrily said to him. "Mercy Oh Pandavas!" pleaded king of Sindhudesh and ran to his own kingdom when those Pandavas had decided to let him live.

"Thank you Aryas for if you were not there today then he would have taken me to his kingdom", Draupadi thanked her husbands. "Our duty is to protect you my beloved Draupadi. We could not protect you when Duryodhan humiliated you among all men in Kurusabha. We will not do that mistake again my dear Draupadi. We are there forever for you" Arjun said to her and she was smiling to him.

 We are there forever for you" Arjun said to her and she was smiling to him