Chapter 2

{Mae's POV}

Last night I kissed Cain. The thought runs through my mind again. I kissed Cain! Ugh! Why do I have to be so stupid. I bang my head agist the wall. I scream "Why! Why! Why!" I scream loudly now. "Ahhhh!".

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I spin around. Cain. "You okay?" He acts generously.

"Damnit" I mumble to myself. I forgot last night I told Cain about my roommate and he offered me to spend the night in his dorm. He said his roommate was gone so I could sleep in his bed. I cover my face with my hands and press my head face down on the mattress.

Cain stands behind me rubs my back gently moving his hands up and down in patterns. Cain stops and I hear his footsteps step away from the bed. I lift my face out of the mattress And stare directly in Cain's eyes. I sit up and Cain leans in. "Oh no. Not again. Omg he's really going to oh my god, oh my god oh my god." I think to myself. His lips reach closer to mine and I throw myself against the wall as a way to get away from Cain.

Cain looks at me with a puzzled look across his face. I was shaking now. Every inch of my body was in a full out shaking mode. He held my arms with both hands gently as if to try to stop my shaking. He climbs into the bed and sits next to me. He runs his fingers through my hair which soothes me down a little.

He takes his hand out of my hair and drops it in his lap. Slowly he moves his hand towards mine. I want to grab it so bad but something holds me back. His fingers intertwine with mine and I pull away. But this time I wanted it. I fooled him but rejecting him. I turn and look at him, with his head hung low. I bite my lips and then tackles him.

I pin him gently down on the bed and kiss his lips, slowly. He grabs my waist and I shriek but don't stop kissing him. He flips me around so I'm underneath him. I take a quick glance at his abs and smile. I Look back up at him, his eyes gleam back at me. He lifts my chin with his fingers and kisses my neck, then my chin, cheek, nose, and forehead. He runs his fingers across the knife scab from Cassie.

Immediately I feel embarrassed again and I crawl out from underneath him. "Uhhh Cassie," I stuttered, " she cut me and uhh, threatened me. " I whisper hoping he can't hear me.

"She what?" Cain spits back at me.

"I'm sorry. I just can't." I grab my glasses and swing open the door. Cain grabs my wrist but I get loose. This time he doesn't try to follow me. I speed walk down the hall. I look back and Cain just stands in the doorway, confused.

I run out of the building and just kept running. Eventually, I wound up in a hotel. I sneak past the guards and ride the elevator up to the top floor. I go into an open room that the cleaners were in. I walk in and tell them that this was my room and the needed to leave. Generously, they leave the room. I shut the door behind them, lock it and pace the floor. "What was I thinking. Me kissing him, AGAIN! I didn't let him kiss me but I can kiss him. What is wrong with me!" I say aloud. I continue to pace the floor. " I can't, I can't, I CAN'T!" I collapse to the floor and hug it. After a while I get back up and look in the mirror. The cut was scabbed over and covered my whole face.

I sit down and think about anything, everything. I can't handle what we have known as life. I walk out to the porch and sit on the edge. 17 stories up and it could end now. I turn around and hang over the edge with both hands, fingertips touching the cold metal. Slowly, I count back from ten.

"Ten...nine...eight...seven..." my fingers start to slip off, "six...five...four..." This is it. And I'm happy to know it will be gone. I was holding on to the railing with one hand now. "Three...two...o---" I spring off with both hands.

I'm free.