Chapter 4

{Cain's POV}

It has been two weeks since I found Mae. I have come to visit her every day and bring her homework from the classes she's missed. Mae wants to drop out but I won't let her. She means too much to me to see her life ruined.

Mae wakes up and yawns. "Oh where is thy Prince Charming. Is he here-ith to see thou princess?" She jokes around and I walk over to her bedside. I squeeze her hand tight. "You get to come back to school today! Aren't you excited?" I exclaim sarcastically.

"No!" She replies seriously. She turns over, away from me. "I want to sleep in!"

I laugh and embrace her. She turns over and I run my nose against hers. "Too bad my princess will miss finals and can't graduate. Oh well..." I say with puppy dog eyes.

She sits up. "Fine...!" She rolls out of bed but I push her back in it. She pushes me away playfully. I crawl on top of her and kiss her lips. She turns away. "Bleck!" She says playfully. She punches me in the arm to be silly but it actually kind of hurt.

"Fine." I say kidding around. I stand up walk over to the chair.

Mae extends her arm out to me. "No! I was just kidding come back!"

I walk back over and she kisses me so lightly it felt like a butterfly was flying across my lips. These past weeks we've become closer as friends and as boyfriend/girlfriend. We enjoy playing games and jokes because there is not much a person with two broken legs can do in a hospital bed. She reaches under my shirt and lifts the hem of my shirt over my head. She runs her fingers over my abs and leans into the kiss harder.

"Eh-hem..." The nurse always walks in at the wrong time. "Ms. Klaine please stop have a make-out session in my hospital room. If this continues I might have to contaminate the room."

I pull away from Mae and put my shirt back on. I take a seat in the chair.

"Lets see," the nurse says flipping through her clipboard of papers, "It looks like you are all free to go everything is back to normal. Take care." The nurse walks back out of the room.

"Okay lets go." Mae says standing up.

"No, no, no. We have unfinished business that we need to finish." I reply.

"Fine..." She says.

I strut over and kiss her lips. I lean in and she giggles. I grab her waist and she tenses up. No matter how many times I do that she still gets worried. I would never purposely hurt her. I pull her in to my lap. She wraps her legs around my waist and I stand up. I push her against the wall. I lean in harder. She giggles again and she reaches her hand down in my back pockets. I kiss her and stop.

"Okay now we can leave." I say smirking.

{Mae's POV}

"Aww. Just one more minute please." I plead.

"Fine, if you say so." Cain says giving me a smile that makes me melt.

He leans in and I feel his abs pressed against my chest. I lean in back to his kisses. We kiss more intensely now. He spins me around and I giggle. Cain has made these past two miserably weeks enjoyable and now, in three weeks I can graduate with him!

Cain sets me down and I fake being hurt. "Ow! My legs! The only thing that will make them feel better is if someone carried me to the car!" I say so falsely I laugh. Cain picks me up and carries me out of the hospital room. He carries me to the car and sets me down in the passenger side. He climbs into the drivers side, quickly kisses my cheek and starts the engine of the car.

"So are you ever going to tell me what happened two weeks ago when I found you? Some people say you jumped but that would be ridiculous, right?" Cain says.

My whole body freezes and my heart begins to pound loudly. I just sit there silently and look down at my thumbs. I twiddle at them waiting for Cain to say something who was clearly waiting for me to say something.

"Right?" He repeats.

I stare up at him with regret in my eyes. Tears well up in my eyes. I shut my eyes and tears roll down my cheeks. I nod and I hear a gasp escape Cain's mouth. It was quickly followed with the rubbing of my back. I swat his hand off burry myself in my sweatshirt.

"I'm so sorry, Mae." He says and begins to drive the car back to the school. We sit in silence. I occasionally look up at Cain. Sometimes our eyes meet but I always quickly turn away.

When we arrived at school I looked up at Cain and passionately kissed him, the kind of kiss that says I'm sorry and I'm okay.