Chapter 14

{Cain's POV}

I was sitting in our dorm all alone. Mae had walked off to God knows where and Cassie shunning me. Gina was in the hospital and Brody was, well, dead.

I was so bored that I actually decided to go to class for once. My 3rd class will start in an hour so I decide that I'd find Mae first. She wasn't with Cassie, I know that for sure. She couldn't be with Gina, she can't drive with a cast.

Suddenly, I knew exactly where she was, Brody's dorm. It's the only dorm that no one has occupied and the only place to really be alone. I crept up to the door, waiting for all of the memories to flood back through and take over. I braced myself for the worst.

I pushed the door handle down and leaned against the door. All the memories rushed through me. I looked around until I saw Mae. All the memories flushed my system because what I saw next was worse.

Mae was crying and she had something in her hand. Blood was dripping off of her arms an landing in steady, thick pools of blood. Her face was tear streaked and she repeatedly stabbed herself. Her arms were chopped up and I couldn't tell how long she had been here. It had been a couple hours since I last saw her in the hallway.

I took a step closer, not wanted to frighten her. She was chanting something under her breath.

"I don't feel, I only heal. I don't feel, I only hear. I don't feel, I only heal, I don't feel, I only hear."

"What do you hear?" I ask gently. She throws her head upward in shock. She looked at me, rolled her eyes and continued cutting.

I took a step closer and stepped on a broken, pulled apart razor. One of the blades were missing from its slot.

"The only thing I hear, is that you have a baby on the way." Mae smirked at me and dug the blade in harder into her arm. Her face was pale and she looked like a ghost. Her arms we all red and there was so skin left. Tears dripped down and splashed in the blood puddles.

I walk toward her and grab the razor from her hand.

"Stop! What are you doing! I-I-I-" Mae stutters before breaking out into tears. She breaks down and I hold her in my arms. I pull off my shirt to stop the blood from flowing out of her.

"Stop! Now is not a good time. Stop."

I laugh at her and tie my shirt around her arm.

"Thanks... but get off of me. How could you be like this? Why didn't you tell me she was pregnant. Why did you wain until Cassie told me that you slept with her!"

"I'm sorry-" I apologize.

She cuts me off, "That's a load of bullshit!"

"I didn't want to hurt you!" I scream trying to keep my temper.

"But don't you know that you hurt me worse when I had to find out from someone else! You didn't even tell me." She pauses to look down at her arm, now tied up in my t-shirt. "You think I did this out of will! This is because of you! All because of you and your shitty sex partner!"

"Mae---" I start before she cuts me off, again.

"No! I fucking hate you! I never want to see or talk to you again! Leave me the fuck alone!" She screams at me. She unties my t-shirt from her arm and throws it at my face. "I don't need your pity!"

I get up angrily and walk out of the room.

Back in our... my, dorm... I crash on the bed. How could I be so stupid. How come I didn't notice that we were drifting apart sooner. I repeatedly bang my head on the wall until it was time for class to start.

That was the last time I saw Mae, that day.