Chapter 6

{Mae's POV}

We wake up to the sound of fists at the door. Cain crawls over me and answers the door. Cassie and Brody were there. Brody and I are friends but I really do not like Cassie. Brody gets pushed through the door and Cain gets pulled out.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" Brody asks.

"I'm fine." I reply.

"You know Cain really loves you right. That's all he ever talks about. Mae this and Mae that blah blah blah!"

"Hey! I'm sitting right here!" I laugh back at Brody.

"You know we all are here for you. You didn't have to attempt. You are making us feel bad."

"Now you know how I feel." I say quietly.

Brody walks over and sits next to me on the bed. I lean my head into his shoulder and tried to hold back tears. The bump in my throat rose and tears streaked down my face. I lifted my head from Brody's shoulders and wiped the tears away.

"At least I still have you as a friend." I said to Brody.

Brody hugged me. I sniffled and said, "So, want to come over later on tonight. We can play some games?"

"Sure!" Brody said and smiled. I hoped Cassie didn't care that she wasn't invited.

"Yay! You can come over around 7:00." I tell him.

I pop in a movie into Cain's T.V. and watch it with Brody. After a couple of minutes a knock comes to the door.

"I'll get it." I tell Brody. I open the door and Gina appears.

She was looking down and saying, "Hi I'm the new neighbor and I was just stopping by to say hi and," she looks up, "Mae! Oh my goodness how long have you been here?" Gina exclaims excitedly.

"Since the beginning of this year!" I say excitedly.

"Is this your dorm? Because that would mean we are right next to each other!"

"No, this her boyfriend's room." Brody says. "Am I missing something or do you guys know each other?"

"Brody we all went to the same middle and high school, along with Cain, remember? Gina was my best friend. Ring a bell?" I spit back at him.

"No, not really." Brody says. Me and Gina laugh.

Gina and I catch up and soon enough Cain walks back into the room. He walks in and gives me a kiss. He doesn't even seem to notice Gina.

"Cain! Look who lives next to you now!" I shout at him excitedly.

He turns around and smiles happily for me. "Gina! So nice to see you here." He walks over and gives her a welcome hug.

"Okay now I'm really confused!" Brody says. We all laugh at him. "Well, you all can catch up and I'm going to go find Cassie." Brody says before walking out of the room.

"Whose Cassie?" Gina asks.

"You don't want to know." Cain and I say at the same time.

"Hey! Brody is coming over later in tonight, you should come, too!" I tell Gina. She nods and I tell her to be here at 7:00.

"Thanks! I'll see you all later on tonight! I'm going to go unpack, bye!" Gina says and then walks to her dorm.

The clock read 5:30. "And then there were two!" Cain says. He kisses me and I let him once before I pull back. I sit on the bed and look up at Cain.

"What's wrong?" Cain asks looking worried.

"The day you found me, I did jump, as you know. I wanted to leave this world but also stay for you. I'm sorry if I scared you. I didn't mean to hurt anyone but myself. I'm so sorry." A single tear rolls down my face, but Cain wipes it away. He hugs me and rubs my back. He runs his finger through my hair and whispers in my ear.