Chapter 26

{Mae's POV}

{Still Saturday}

I knock upon the door three time. The sound of hollow wood echoes from underneath my knuckles. I was about to knock again when I heard faint footsteps coming to the door. I held my breath as I heard the door unlock and the handle began to turn.

She pulled open the door slowly and examined me before allowing me into her house. I breathed out and stepped into the house. She looked out of the door behind her before silently shutting it.

I look at her and noticed her brown curls hung loose passed her shoulders. Her hazel green eyes matched mine but we much duller. Her lips were pursed and glowed a bright pink against her fair skin.

"I got your email, why are you back?"

"I wanted to see you. I haven't seen you since I was twelve years old."

"Well, maybe thats a mistake." She said blunt. I cursed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"What do you mean, its not like you had a choice."

"Actually, I did. I---"

"You what?!" I demanded.

"Let me finish!" She demanded back and I looked down at my feet. I push the weight on one of foot to the other. "I told your parents that you were a lesbian, and them being against same sex dating they sent you away."

"Why the hell would you do that! I have a boyfriend!"

"Because! At the time you had no guy friends and you would always hand out with this one girl like I would with my boyfriend. Thats why you got sent to your uncle's. To fix you!"

"So thats why he raped me everyday! Because he wanted me to like guys!" I put my head down is disbelief. All this time my parents thought I was someone who I wasn't. I stopped talking to her and started to think to myself.

Why do all the bad things happen to me. All these things happened to me and for all this tome I thought my parent got taken away from me when in reality they sent me away. I look up to ask her one more question. When I do, a fist connects with my face.

I stagger backwards before recovering and bracing myself to fight. She walks closer and circles me whispering things in my ears that I cannot understand. I brace myself for the worst.

She circles me staring me down like a hawk would do to it prey. I receive another blow from the back, crushing into my spine, sending signals to my brain causing me to stagger forward.

I cry in pain and get pushed to the ground. Her foot locks with my spine crushing it even farther into my back.

"Get up you wimp!" She yells at me through gritted teeth. I muster up the courage to stand up. But right when I turn around I receive another fist to the face. I feel a sprinkle of blood leak from my nose.

I reach my hand out and blood drips into it. Flash backs flash images through my mind.

Mom beating me, "Your stupid. A child must learn!" A fist to my nose.

Dad beating me, "You ruined this while family!" A belt to the back.

Sister beating me, "You won't tell your precious mommy and daddy, okay?" A beating to the spine with her foot. Shes the one who gave me scoliosis. When I came downstairs to tell my parents, my sister lied and said she used it as self defense. Another group beating from the family.

And now she was beating me up again, just like I was a child again.

I guess sisters never change.

And then I blacked out.