✨Chapter 20✨

I wake up, feeling a bit scared, so I slowly slide out of Awsten's arms and check the time. 

"2:12 am." I sigh softly as I walk over to the window. 

I open the window and step onto the balcony, feeling the cold air run through my hair, making me get goosebumps since it's so much warmer in Awsten's arms. I sit there thinking then I hear a small meow, I stay silent and hear it again so I go back inside. I slide my shoes on and run down the balcony stairs. 

"Kitty, kitty." I call as I walk towards the front of the house. 

I hear the meows grow and realize I  hear more then one. 

"It's sounds like there's more then one." I whisper as I hear them in ditch a few feet infront of me.

I look in the ditch to see 4 kittens so I pull off my sweater and put the kittens in then softly wrap them in it as I hurry to the house. I get in the room and place them on the floor then walk over to Awsten to wake him up. 

"Awsten, wake up." I say quickly as I push his shoulder. 

Awsten looks at me and slowly grows worried since I am a little panicked. 

"What's wrong?" Awsten asks as he sits up and cups my face.

"I found kittens outside and it's a little cold, so I brought them in." I say as I rub his arm and he rubs his eyes. 

"What? Do they look ok?" Awsten asks as he gets out of bed. 

"I don't know, it's really dark out." I say as I turn on the light, making him groan as I say a small 'Sorry'. 

I close the window and grab my sweater, bringing the kittens to my bed as I put them on the bed, Awsten closes the window and the curtain. 

"They look like they've been there awhile. They look like they're at least a few weeks old." I say as they start meowing. 

"They all look really small and hungry, but this ones the runt." I say as I point to a longed hair grey kitten. 

"I'll be right back, stay with them." I say as I grab a different sweater, my wallet, and go out of the room. 

I walk past Mom's room and see Lucy sleeping in her spot, making me frown, realizing how much she misses Mom. I go downstairs and grab my keys as I go out to the car. As I turn into the Walmart parking lot, I think about what I'll need and pull into a spot, then I shut the car off. I run inside and run through what I need.

"Heating pad, weight gaining kitten formula, baby blanket, and a dog bed." I nod as I whisper it and go to where it should be. 

I cash out and go back out to the car, rushing to get home. I lock the car as I walk up to the door, then I lock the door behind me, and run upstairs as I see Awsten playing with the kittens. 

"I got some stuff to make them warm and for them to eat." I say as I put the bag on the bed. 

"They keep climbing on me." Awsten giggles as the black long, haired one climbs on his leg while crying. 

"He must be the crybaby." I smile as I sit, and I hold out my pinky to see if they can latch on, which they can, making Awsten laugh. 

"I'm gonna put the heating pad on the dog bed, but under a baby blanket so it's not too hot and then try to feed them, are you gonna help?" I ask as I smile at the kitten. 

"Yeah, I wanna make sure they're ok." Awsten smiles at the black longed haired kitten and pets it. 

"I really like this one, it was the first one to come to me." Awsten smiles as he picks it up and it gets quiet.