✨Chapter 17✨

I hear 'Summer Bummer' by Younger Hunger float around the room and shut off my alarm. I get up, pick out a white Led Zepplin shirt, black skinnys, bra, underwear, socks, belt, towel and take a quick shower. I hurry to dry off, change, slip on my high top basic black and white Converse then run downstairs, grabbing Lucy's leash.

"Lucy." I sing as I see her walk up to me and jump.

"Let's go baby." I kiss her head as I put the leash on her and open the door.

As we walk to the pond, I see Awsten sitting there so I walk up to him and sit.

"Hey, Lil, I was hoping you would come down here." Awsten whispers as he leans his head against me.

"What's wrong?" I whisper as I start playing with his hair.

"I'm nervous about today, since I'm actually doing it today." Awsten mumbles with his eyes shut.

"I know, honey, but it'll be fine and I'm gonna be there with you." I whisper as I kiss he top of his head.

"I know, but what if she tries something." Awsten whispers as he looks up at me.

"If she does, I'm there to help you however you want. I'll even go in with you if you want." I whisper as I smile softly.

"Really? Will you?" Awsten asks softly.

"Of course, Aws." I smile.

"Can we sit here for a bit? I think I need a minute." Awsten whisper as he closes his eyes again.

"Yeah, just don't fall asleep and I'll take you to breakfast since it's still early, around 6:10 am." I giggle.

"Ok." Awsten chuckles as he opens his eyes and looks at the pond.

We sit there in silence for a good 5 minutes, then Awsten yawns, gets up, and stretches.

"Ready?" I ask with a smile.

"Yeah." Awsten nods with tired eyes.

"I just gotta grab my stuff." I say as Lucy walks over.

"I gotta put your leash back on." I smile as she sits then I clip her leash on.

Awsten grabs my hand and we start walking to my house as I rub my thumb over his. We get to the house and I run in, grabbing my things then come back out, locking the door, and unlocking the car. I jump in and start the car. Awsten grabs my hand and smiles at me making me smile back. I pull out and head to The Green Diner. We pull in and head out into the building, holding hands. We pick out the table that is closest to the little green stage and have the same waitress as last time, Irene.

"Hey, it's the happy couple!" Irene grins as she yells to the two other workers, Bob and Lisa.

"How have y'all been?" Irene smiles.

"We've been really good, what about you, Irene? We never have the same shifts." I smile at the older woman.

"I've been good, me and Hank just had our 15th wedding anniversary!" Irene grins as I noticed she gets as giddy as a school girl talking about her husband.

"Congrats!" I grin seeing her so happy makes me feel just as happy.

"Thanks, Lilly." Irene smiles.

"Ok, now, what would y'all like?" Irene asks happily.

"I'll have pancakes and a coffee." Awsten smiles.

"Alright, son. How about you, hon?" Irene smiles at me.

"I'll have the home fries, bacon, and apple juice." I smile as Irene takes the menus.

"Ok, I'll have that right out." Irene smiles and walks away.