Chapter 3

Y/N's POV:
Why did I lie and say I have a busy day? Now I'm stuck here bored staring at the ceiling. What an idiot. I've spent the morning flicking through endless channels looking for anything to watch or distract myself to no avail.
Me: I lied to Lizzie 🤦🏻‍♀️
Tom: About what?
Me: The more I hang out with her the more I'm starting to like her. She's not going to date me. I don't want to get heart broken again.
Tom: You can be her friend though.
Me: I don't want to be her friend.
Tom: I know. Maybe you'll feel differently in a few days. I'll come round tomorrow.
Me: Thanks.

Lizzie's POV:
I've been so distracted all day. What does see you later mean? When is later? We were having such a fun night and then it was like she wasn't even there. Did I do something wrong? Or say something wrong? I check my phone for the hundredth time today waiting for a text from her but nothing came.
"Are you ok?" Scarlett asks sitting down beside me.
"What does see you later mean to British people?" I reply.
"Why ask me and not Tom? Or Paul?" Scarlett inquires confused.
"Cause Tom will tell... nevermind," I start and then realise what I was about to say.
"Tell who?" Scarlett smirks.
"No one. I was just asking in general," I brush off her questions.
"Did you meet someone at Tom's party?" She asks smiling.
"What no. I'm going back to set thanks for your help Scar," I say getting up and leaving.

Y/N's POV:
I'm one of these people that can't be alone with my own thoughts or i spiral. I've tried writing lyrics and they just bring me back to her. I've tried watching tv or movies then my brain circles back to Lizzie. I'm going to hate myself for doing this in a few hours but I need a distraction.
Me: Hey do you want to come over?
Her: Of course. I'll be there in 15.
I always felt awful afterwards every single time. It ruined my self esteem. Here I am one minute complaining about falling for straight girls who were only going to break my heart and yet I sleep with one on a regular basis. There's a knock at the door and here comes the guilt.

A few days later:
It's been 3 days and I've heard absolutely nothing from Lizzie. Maybe she was waiting for me to message or maybe she made new friends. I kept typing and then deleting on repeat. I just wanted to see her again. Tom's on set today why not just pick him up.
Me: What time do you finish?
Tom: 6 why?
Me: I'm going to pick you up for dinner and drinks lots of drinks.
Tom: You just want to see Lizzie 😏
Me: Nope not at all. I'll see you at 6.

I get dressed up nicely and drive to pick Tom up.
"Hey I've got this new prop. Let me show you it's really cool," Tom says excitedly dragging me with him. He accidentally bumps me into someone and I fall on the floor. I look up and I see Scarlett.
"Wow. You're wow. Sorry you're amazing and I'm blowing this. I'm Y/N Y/L/N," I ramble nervously.
"You're sweet I know who you are. So are you and Tom together?" She asks.
"No I'm gay. We're just best friends," I explain.
"Well I should've guessed that from your music," she smirks.
"I thought only non straight people listened to my stuff," I say confused.
"Who said I was straight?" She inquires.
"I'm sorry I just assumed," I mumble embarrassed.
"It's cause everyone shes attracted to usually ends up to be straight," Tom explains making me go bright red.
"Tom what the hell? I'm sorry that's so embarrassing," I say rubbing the back of my neck.
"British people really do say sorry a lot. You've got nothing to be sorry for. I'm glad it's not just men who find me attractive," she smirks leaving.

"I'm going to kill you and I'm calling your mum telling her you're dating someone outrageous and older than you," I rant at Tom.
"Well if you do that I'll tell Lizzie."
"Tell me what?" Lizzie asks. I see her and can't help but smile.
"That I... made a fool out of myself in front of Scarlett and that I missed hanging out with you," I say trying to cover up.
"I missed hanging out with you too. I was waiting for you to message. Do you want to hang out tomorrow afternoon? I have the afternoon off," she suggests.
"Yeah I'd really like that. I'm sorry I was waiting for you to message. I guess our communication skills could use a little work," I joke making her giggle.
"I guess so. Pick me up from here and I'll see you tomorrow," Lizzie says excusing herself. Once she's out of sight I finally remember how to breathe again. 
"You really like her don't you?" Tom teases me.
"Shut up or I'll seriously call your mum and tell her you're dating someone from TOWIE or Geordie Shore," I warn him.
"I'll just message Lizzie and tell her you love her," he challenges me.
"You can sit in the back seat like a child cause that's how you're behaving right now," I sigh as we get to the car.
"What are you going to do on your date?" He smirks.
"It's not a date we are just two friends hanging out," I state clearly.
"Whatever you say Y/L/N," he laughs.