Chapter 58

Y/N's POV:
I wake up to an empty bed that's weird. Looking around the house I can't find Lizzie. I call her phone, it rings a few times then Tom answers.
"Hey. She crashed at mine. She was really drunk and I didn't want her to wake you or for you to have to deal with her. She's still conked out now," Tom explains.
"Ok I was worried. I'll d..drive over in a bit. Thank
You for l..looking after her," I reply in relief.
"You're welcome. See you soon."

I get showered and ready heading over to Tom's. He lets me in showing me Lizzie flat out sprawled across the bed in his spare room. We left her where she was for the moment. She wasn't waking up anytime soon.
"I've got something to tell you but you can't tell anyone es...especially not Lizzie," I start.
"Of course not. What is it?" He asks.
"When I got back last night I tried to s..sing. I didn't stutter so when we go back to the st..states sometime after the premiere. I'm going to pr..propose," I inform him.
"I'm so excited for you. You've wanted this for ages. If you need help planning anything at all. I've got you," he assures me hugging me tightly.
"W...will you come ring shopping with me?" I request.
"Of course I will," he agrees smiling.
"Right how about I order us breakfast while we wait for the American lightweight to wake up?" I suggest.
"Let's do it."

When we've finished eating I go to check on Lizzie who just starts to wake up.
"Ow my head. Where am I?" She mumbles tiredly.
"You're in Tom's spare room," I inform her kissing her head gently.
"Oh god I'm sorry. I just remember trying to keep up with Hiddleston and Cumberbatch. I shouldn't have tried to out drink a Brit rookie error," she sighs as I hand her a glass of water.
"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Are you hungry or do you just w...want to go home and sl..sleep?" I ask cupping her face.
"Water cuddles and sleep please," she requests.
"Right let's get you home then," I reply extending my hand. She kisses it gently as she takes it standing up.
"Thank you for looking after me Tom," Lizzie says slightly embarrassed.
"You're welcome it was nice to see you let loose," he laughs as we leave.

When we get home I can tell Lizzie is tired so I lift her up carry her to our room lying her down on the bed. I kiss her gently on the forehead before I get her some water and paracetamol. Lying down I open my arms for her to cuddle into.
"How are you feeling?" I ask kissing the top of her head.
"Tired but better now that I'm in your arms," she explains.
"I'm glad. It's nice to be the one t..taking care of you for a ch..change," I laugh.
"You always take care of me," she says kissing my cheek.
"And I always will," I assure her.

Lizzie's POV:
I wake up feeling a lot better cuddled in Y/N's arms.
"Hey how are you feeling?" Y/N asks kissing my forehead.
"Much better. I could do with a shower and some food," I reply smiling sleepily.
"Ok well why don't you jump in and I'll make us some l..lunch?" She offers.
"Thank you baby," I say smiling jumping up.
"You're welcome my love," she says going to make us lunch. 

We drive to Y/N's family home for dinner and I was feeling much better. Being with our family just made London feel more like home every time even with Tom here.
"When are you next home again?" Y/N's sister asks.
"I don't know. It depends on if I g..get my tour started again. Hopefully around my b...birthday,"
Y/N answers.
"Definitely I mean London is home now and I want to start laying down routes here. So I want us to come home as often as possible," I agree.
"I was hoping you'd say not for a few years. I mean I could do without your annoying face around here unless you want to bring Harry Styles or someone like that back with you," her sister quips. Here we go.
"What's wrong are you jealous that I can hold down a long term r...relationship while your longest relationship has the s...sell-by date of a pint of milk?" She taunts her. Damn.
"At least I can say a paragraph without stuttering," she hits below the belt.
"That was uncalled for. Apologise now," her mom instructs.
"Why do we have to walk on eggshells around her? She's alive. She can talk mostly normally and she's getting her speech back anyway. If we all keep babying her she isn't going to make any progress and I'm tired of our whole lives being about her injury. We can't have a conversation with people without it coming up," her sister explains.
"I'm sorry you feel that way," Y/N apologises standing up from the table and walking out to the car.
"Thank you for the wonderful meal," I say to her mom before glaring at her sister. I get to the door but before I do I can't keep my mouth shut.
"The reason we support your sister is cause we love her. You think she doesn't hate this injury and you think she's not tired of people only seeing the injury. She still wakes up two times a night with headaches, she still hasn't got the confidence to sing because that's who she is and she's terrified of losing it. Imagine if you lost a part of what made you you. It's not babying. It's supporting. She has made real progress. Her speech doesn't get worse throughout the day like it used to. She's stuttering maybe once every 2 sentences. That's a huge improvement. And she has worked so hard to get to this point with our support. The tough love routine doesn't work on her because she's already giving that to herself. So don't pretend that this has anything to do with her. You made a mistake and honestly I don't care if you fix it but you should for your mom's sake. You know that woman out there would do anything for you. And you can't give her the love and support she needs to get better," I rant turning away and leaving. When Y/N sees me she just smiles brightly.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't-," I start but am cut off by her kissing me.
"Thank you. I love you so much," she says hugging me tightly.
"I love you too. Now how about we go home and do lots of cuddling?" I suggest. She nods smiling climbing into the car attempting to drive again.
"If you need me I'm here," I remind her.
"I know but I'm ready," she assures me.

We drive home without her getting a headache or nervous. She was calm and collected. I was so proud of her. We have to celebrate every achievement as it's taken a hell of a lot of work to get here. Getting ready for bed I just keep looking at her so impressed with how well she's done in a short amount of time.I walk over to her wrapping my arms around her shoulders.
"Will you hold me?" I request.
"Always," she agrees kissing me gently. I lie between her legs watching the movie and she starts to trace patterns on my thighs while she kisses my neck.
"You're such a tease Y/L/N," I sigh frustrated.
"Who said I was teasing?" She smirks kissing me intently flipping me over so she's in control. She kisses down my neck and chest moving lower painfully slowly.
"Please Y/N. I need you," I beg.