Chapter 21

Heyo people ! You know I started reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer today and was kind of amused to see that the lead characters were named Jared and Melanie.

That even made me happy because Stephanie Meyer is one of my favorite authors. :D

And yeah .. please suggest me cast for the other characters. 

Anyways happy reading ! :)

Jared's P.O.V.

So, I lied to Melanie about why I was ignoring her. Yeah , Lied again. I had many bad habits but lying was not exactly one of them. I had never been afraid of telling what was in my mind. I was known as the bold one .Due to this honesty thing some people thought I was rude which maybe was the truth. But anyways the main point was that I was no one to lie so much. Then again, I could not have told Melanie why was I angry on her. That would have been so embarrassing for me. I mean even I did not know why was I so damn curious about the whole thing.

With all these thoughts clouding my mind I was preparing a light breakfast. After a while I called Melanie. She came and sat down on the chair as usual. She was wearing a light purple short sleeved top and a pair of cream colored "long" shorts. Yes, I said long shorts because they almost reached her knees. Melanie was a shy girl after all.

"Morning, Jared." She smiled

"Good morning." I said joining her for breakfast.

"So, its Sunday .You won't work today, right?"

"Right. Are you planning to do anything important?"

"Is that a joke, Jared? I have never done anything important from the day I have come here. I only sit and kill time somehow."

I could not help but chuckle at that.

"Well, so let's do something together then?"

"Yeah, I was thinking the same. Can we watch a movie?"

"Sounds good to me." I said finishing the last bite on my plate.

"Let me wash the dishes and then we will decide which one to see, O.K.?"

"I will be in my room."

She just nodded and carried the dishes to the sink.

I made myself comfortable on the couch when my cell rang. I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hie Jared." I heard a sexy voice from the other side.

"Hey, who is it?" I asked.

"Your sexy babe." Came the reply.

Now was that not confusing? I asked again, "What's your name sexy babe?"

"Ariel."

"Oh, hey, what's up?" I asked not knowing what else to ask.

"I heard you got married."

So, finally she acknowledged my marriage.

"You heard right."

"Who is the lucky girl?"

"Her name is Melanie."

"I am looking forward to meet her. Why don't you both join me for dinner tonight?"

Wow? She wanted to invite Mel for dinner. I had not expected that. It was nice of her anyways. I thought we should go.

"Sure, we will be there at your place."