Chapter 40

Helloo readers ! How have u been ?

Sorry peeps... I know my updates have become a lot less frequent but I can't help it . My days are kinda hectic . It has become difficult to give much time to the story. 

Oh , You will get to read Ariel's P.O.V. for the first time . Hope u like it.

Please leave ur votes and comments :) Thank u ....

Enjoyy!

Ariel's P.O.V.

I could not believe what was happening! When Jared and Melanie came to my house for dinner I had a hunch that love had nothing to do with their marriage. I had many reasons to believe so. First, their marriage was way too sudden. One day Jared was a free bird without any commitment to any girl and the next day he was married. He was married to that Melanie! The moment I saw her I knew she was way out of Jared's league. How could he have fallen in love with her? She had nothing to offer to him. I knew Jared from many years and I was the only girl he ever dated seriously. All others were just one night stands. I was not. I knew what it took to make Jared interested in you which by the way Miss Goody two shoes had none. Jared was all for the sex appeal. Melanie did not have a percent of it. She was just so plain and simple. Jared always liked girls who were bold and open to the concept of one night stands but Melanie seemed repulsive to such things. Then, how in the name of God did Jared even looked at her twice? Leave aside marry her.

I was the one for him. I always knew he would eventually come to me. All other girls he had been with were just to satisfy his sexual desire. He probably did not even know their names. I was the only girl he had actually liked enough to date. Oh, and he loved my body and the way I kept it.

The day I had first met Melanie was the day I decided to come and stay at Jared's place so that I could find out what was going on between them . They were most definitely not in love and I also knew Jared would never be even attracted to Melanie. So here I was at Jared's home. But things were not what I had thought them to be. Jared was behaving in a way I had never thought possible. He always seemed to care so much for her. Today, he hardly left her side as he did not want her to overlook the doctor's advice. I mean seriously, what had gotten into that guy? From when did he become like that? I just had to put an end to whatever was happening. I had to get what was mine. Jared was mine. I still remembered very clearly the day when Jared broke up with me. I know we dated for two weeks or so only but it was enough to make me realize that we were meant for each other. We were the perfect couple. When he said that he did not want to date me anymore I knew he was saying so because he wanted to sleep around. So I let him to just that. Sleep around with as many girls as he wanted. I had always known that one day he would get tired of that and come back to me because his heart belonged to me. Till this day I was waiting for him to come to me and tell me that I was the one he really wanted. But, not anymore! I could not possibly sit and wait. I could not let him care for Melanie. I did not know what was there in that girl that Jared was so caring towards her but I sure knew that if I just gave him a single hint that I wanted him in my life, he would forget her and come to me. Now I would do just that.

Jared's P.O.V.

I heard Melanie's breathing and knew she was asleep. I scooted closer to her and gazed at her beautiful sleeping figure . The dim moonlight that filtered through the window and fell on her, made her look like an angel that was glowing with innocence and purity. Oh, wait , Did I actually say all that ? I ? Wow. I wished I confess my feelings to her. Never had I been so apprehensive about what a girl would say but this was so damn different. I felt so lost. I had never said "I love you" to any girl before in my life. How was I supposed to do it now? How would Mel react after I confess? Would she believe me and reciprocate my feelings? Would she say that she had never liked me in that way? Maybe she would just shrug it off thinking I was kidding? Or that worst thing, would she be pissed off at me , like really angry ? Did I even deserve her? She was so pure and I , well , you know. God , there were so many apprehensions in my mind . So many questions. But before I could get any answer I had to make the first move and tell her how I feel about her. Damn, why did it have to be so difficult. Melanie was just a girl. Oh , yeah I know why . It was because Melanie was not just a girl , she was "the" girl.