Chapter 35

HEy ...So I am back after a long gap !!!

Had a busy schedule the past few days... ..now things r under ctrl , I guess :D

A big thank u to all my readers for being ...well, readers :D

Hope u like it :)

Plz vote !

Melanie's P.O.V.

I got ready and went to the kitchen . Jared was brewing coffee and Ariel was standing beside him. There back was facing me so they could not see me enter the kitchen, especially since I tip toed my way to the table and sat down quietly.

"Jared , you know what ? You look damn sexy while cooking." Ariel said eyeing Jared as if she wanted to eat him alive. Flirting with a married man.The nerves !

"I look dam sexy all the time." Jared said smiling.

I could feel my anger coming back.

"Now , now I can't deny that. I can't believe The Jared Manchester is cooking for me."

Okay , I could not keep silent and said , "Us."

They both turned around to see me . Ariel sure did not look happy.

"What did you say Melanie?" she asked .

"Us. Jared is cooking for us." I said with a fake smile.

She did not say anything but I could tell she did not like my reply. Jared, on the other hand , looked amused.

"Right ." he said smiling.

We had breakfast without any drama . After that Jared went to his office room and I was left with Ariel . Actually she went to the the guest room and I went to Jared's room .

I took out my laptop and started downloading new songs. After some time I heard a knock on my door . I opened to find Ariel outside.

"Hey ! I was getting bored alone in my room." She said

Uh-oh... what was I supposed to say? Invite her to play scrabble with me ?

"Oh , so , um , why ..." I could not complete my sentence since she interrupted.

"I was thinking we can both go to shopping."

I did not have any intention of going with her anywhere but I wanted to get out too .

"Sounds like a plan."

"I will go get ready." she said and disappeared.

I , on the other hand , made my way towards Jared's office room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I pushed open the door and entered the room .He was busy looking through some documents. I knew better than to interrupt him. So , I kept standing there waiting for him to look at me. I think it was two long minutes after which he finally looked up to me .

"Oh , it's you." He looked startled.

I suddenly felt upset. He must have been expecting someone else. Ariel.

"You weren't expecting me." I said flatly.

"No , I thought it would be Ariel." He said getting up.

I could not say anything and simply nodded.

"You never come here , that's why . Ariel, on the other hand , seems to be eager to talk to me. So I thought it was her."

"So that's why you were expecting her?"