Chapter 17

The next few days passed by with nothing special. Few things worth mentioning were that I got the books I had ordered online so I had no time to get bored , I finally met Mrs. Turner , the cleaning lady ( No, I did not get up early , she got late ) and of course Trey to visit and told me the basic details of the case he was working on. I went to the height of asking him to let me join him , that earned me incredulous looks from both Trey and Jared. Well , that was all that was kind of not- so usual that happened in the next few days.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

It was my 16th day at Jared's home. Jared was in his office room (though it was Sunday) and I was in the kitchen , doing nothing at all. I wanted to call my parents but did not as I knew they were visiting relatives in Canada. I did not want to disturb them. I slowly got up from the chair and headed towards the living area . I sat on the couch and played the song " Lost" by Enrique on my cell and stuck the earphones in my ears. After about 40 minutes I was still listening to songs when Jared came to the living room glaring at me.

What did I do to deserve that ? I had no idea. He came right up to me and pulled the earphones out of my ears.

"Damn it , Melanie. Someone is knocking from so long." He shouted while moving towards the door.

He opened the door . I literally jumped off the couch . My three best friends were standing at the door step.

"Surprise!" they shouted in unison.

"Guys ! Wow! I cant believe it ! I am so happy . Come on in." I said hugging them together.

"Wow ! Nice place Jared." , Candice said.

"I am glad you like it." He said with a wink.

They seated themselves on the couch .

" What will you guys have? Will soft drink do?" I asked after 15 minutes or so.

They nodded so I got up to get them something to drink.

Jared who was sitting there and chatting with us got up and said , " Let it be. You are meeting them after so many days , just sit and enjoy . I will bring the drinks."

I smiled. Jared could be really sweet at times.

"Hey , how did you know where his house is?" I asked them.

"Trey told us." Em said.

"What? Trey ? You guys are friends with Trey ?"

"Not exactly but he somehow managed to get our numbers and called us . It was his plan to meet here today . He will be here any moment."

" We thought you gave us our numbers." Sammy said.

"I did not. Trey had his ways. So he is coming too?" I said, suddenly feeling more excited.

"Who is coming?" Jared asked keeping the soft drinks in front of us.

"Trey."

"Is he? Good. Anyways I have a bit of work still left so let me finish it and I will join ya all in a while." He said. I noticed his eyes were on Candy's legs that were exposed to a high level. It was so typical Candy to dress like that. She wanted to impress Jared and of course he was impressed. Anyways, he left.

The four of us were talking about everything and anything . The bell rang again . I was sure it was Trey . I quickly opened the door. I was right . It was Trey . He was wearing a fitting black jeans and tight blackT-shirt that gave a good idea of his well toned body underneath. I stood there staring at him.

"Looks like , someone is checking me out." Trey said with a smirk.

"Oh , please. Grow up." I said and moved out of his way.