Chapter 36

Jared's P.O.V.

I was driving frantically, in hope of seeing Melanie somewhere but I did not. I tried to call her many times but now her phone was coming switched off. That worried me even more. Melanie would never switch off her cell without calling me after seeing my missed calls. Something must have happened. I cursed the moment I let her out of the house.

Seeing there was nothing I could do for the time being , I drove towards home , hoping that she would be there. I parked at my driveway and rushed in . Ariel was sitting on the couch watching TV .

"Did she come?"

"Melanie?"

"Of course." I said irritatingly. 

"Nops."

"Damn it" I shouted and threw the vase that was kept near the entrance.

"Jared, what are you-"

"Not now , Ariel."

"Look , all I -"

"I said not now." I could not help but raise my voice on her .

She shrugged and resumed watching the TV.

I went outside and stood at the main entrance. I was worried crazy and there was nothing I could right now.

I took out my phone and dialed a number. Trey's number.

No one picked up. God, what was wrong with everyone? Maybe he was with some client.

After standing at the main entrance for a few minutes I went inside the house and paced back and forth. I called Emily again but she had no news.

After what seemed like ages I heard the sound of a car. I rushed to open the door and saw Melanie walking towards the house. A wave of relief swept through me. I felt as if a huge burden had been taken off my shoulders. I ran towards her and hugged her tightly. God, I promised myself I would never let her go alone.

"I was so worried! Where have you been? " I asked still holding her close to me .

"I was-"

I cut her off in between .Not by saying anything. I cut her off with a kiss. I could not control myself. My emotions were running wild. I could feel her shock by my sudden action but it was not a passionate kiss , just a small peck on the lips or a few pecks on the lips.

"Jared -"

I did not hear anything after that. I could see her lips moving and the only thing I wanted to do was kiss her, for real this time. I knew she would not expect me to kiss her but I could not help it. The relief of seeing her safe , in front of me was making my emotions run wild.

I bent down to claim her lips when I saw someone behind her. Trey. 

I felt like someone slapped me on my face. This is where she went? To Trey? I had never felt so broken in my entire life. I felt no anger that time, just pain and hurt. I stood there simply looking at him.

I felt Melanie tugging my sleeves and looked down at her.

"Let's get inside and I will tell you everything."

I simply nodded and followed her inside silently. They came after me.

As soon as Ariel saw Melanie she said, "thank god , you came . Jared was breaking things, you know."

Melanie saw the broken vase but did not say anything.

"Oh, Trey . Hey! Were you both together? Jared did not know, did he?", said Ariel with a smirk.