Chapter 9

I woke up at 6 a.m.It was june 27th 2012, My 20th birthday. I should be excited , right ? I was not . 

I was freaking out like hell. I had his weird sensation all over my body .I just cannot express it how I felt exactly.It was like I would burst out of nervousness.

I tried to meditate so that I could calm down. All in vain. It was 7 a.m. and I was still sitting on my bed.

I heard a knock on my door.

I got up and opened it . Sammy and Em were standing there with a small chocolate cake in hand.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They shrieked with huge smiles on their faces.

"Thanks." I smiled and hugged them.

"We did not wish you at midnight as we thought you were sleeping." Emily said.

"Yes." I lied . I was not really good at lying so my lying usually constituted of two words- yes and no.

"Time to cut the cake."

"You should not have bothered , really."

"We did.Now cut it." Em sounded like she ordering me so I did not say anything.

It was a small chocolate cake with Happy Bday Mel written on the top with vanilla cream.

Long story short. I cut the cake, we ate it, and then the next thing I knew was that the cake was all over our faces , hands and necks and we laughing hysterically.

Finally after about half an hour we thought we must clean up.

When they started to leave I felt my heart fill with emotions.

"You guys mean a lot to me.", I said.

They came towards me and hugged me .

"You mean a lot to us too .Always be like this Mel."

" I will."

After the small emotional encounter I rushed to my bathroom to get ready for the day.

After taking a shower I covered myself with a bathrobe and came out of the bathroom. 

Then I I remembered I must check my cell .

There were 34 missed calls and 40 messages. 

Most of the calls were from my friends and relatives. 

My parents had called be 5 times. I quickly called back on my Dad's number.

He picked up in the first ring itself.

"Happy Bithday sweetheart."

"Thanks Dad."

"I know you have a long day ahead so will not much of your time. We will be at your apartment by 11 a.m. We will head towards the church together."

"Um ,Dad you don't need to ."

"But I ...Hey your Mom is here .I am switching the loud speaker on."

"okay."

"Happy birthday Choco pie."

Choco pie? She had never called me choco pie.I hated such names.I thought all this madness in my life as making her crazy.She was my Mom after all.

"Thanks Mom."

"We will be there at your place by 11a.m."

"I don't need you both to come here .Please. I don't want to do anything like a traditional Wedding."

"But we are your parents . We have always dreamt of this big day ."

"This is NOT THE BIG DAY.It means nothing to any one us. Why pretend ? I will get married to the person I love with. Then you can fulfill all your wishes.Please .Pretty please."