Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to the amazing writer whose story inspired me to take up a story on Arranged Marriage.

"Hey girl, how are you ? ",my mom , Lucia Anna Parkison replied from the other side of the phone.

"I am good ..how are you and Dad ?"

"Um, everything is fine here" .I felt something odd in mom's tone.She wasn't her usual cheerful self.She seemed to be worried about something.

"Mom, is everything REALLY ok ???? don't lie to me ..I can sense there is something troubling you."

"Actually Mel your Dad and I need to talk to you.Can you join us at dinner tonight?''

"yeah, sure" , I was quick to reply.

"okay baby , see you at dinner then ."

"don't call me baby Mom. You know I don't like it .Bye. "

"okay...bye."

So Mom is worried that means its something BIG .My Mom is not the one to worry about small matters.

Keeping my cell back in my pocket I resumed my work though the call left me wondering about what the matter was. I so wanted the time to fly so that I could finally know the BIG trouble but ofcourse I had a deadline to meet after that.I tried with all in me to concentrate and ,well, finally I succeeded.

"Melanie, its lunch time. Lets go to the cafeteria.". My bestie Candice Spoon said coming to my desk.

"Ugh, Candy I cant go today .I have a work to do ."

"Come on babe. Its lunch time for speaking out aloud.No one is supposed to work now ."

" I am .Now stop pestering me.Will you ?"

"Fine.I am going .Dont say I didn't ask you to join me for lunch ."

"Whatever." .She was already gone by then.I returned to the unfinished work lying on my desk. There wasn't much left and I knew I could complete it in an hour or so .

Exactly after 56 minutes I was done with it.My back was aching so I strechted myself .I realized I was hungry .I mean why wont I be ?I didn't even have breakfast . Still I was in no mood of eating .Because why ? because family trouble.

"Melanie you are being called by Mr.Stevens" , said Lexi, my boss' personal assistant.

I didn't bother replying.I picked up the file that I knew Mr.Stevens would want and started walking in the direction of his cabin.

After knocking I entered his cabin. He was sitting behind his desk totally engrossed in the files kept infront of him.I took my time to envy his luxurious cabin.It was a mini apartment.I mean it, like seriously. 

My eyes got fixed on the small but oh-so-soft looking couch that was kept in the corner of his cabin.It was the most comfortable looking and beautiful couch I had ever seen. I always wanted to sit on it but ofcourse that never happened.

"Melanie, are u listening ?",

"Yeah ? I didn't really get the last point?"