Chapter 39

Yayyyyyyyy !!!!!!! Finally I updated after IDK how long .... BUt I know its been a long time since I last updated ..... Sorrryyyy for that .

I was busy and then was too lazy to write . :p When I started writing I realised I did not even remeber what was there in the last chappy so I had to read it before working on this one. This chappy has got nothing exciting but it has a sweet Jared- Melanie moment :)

Hope you like it .....

Enjoy reading:)

Melanie's P.O.V.

After dinner I laid on my bed , Jared's bed and tried to sleep but it was almost impossible . After all, I had spent majority of my day sleeping. Jared's family doctor had come to see me and he said that I must avoid much movement for a few a days. So Jared did not let me leave the bed much. I hardly left the bed in fact . As far as I could remember, I got up only for using the washroom. Jared brought his files and stuff to the room and kept an eye on me so that I did not disobey his so called command. It was really irritating but it was also sweet in a way. So anyways I slept through most of the day not wanting to do anything else. Oh , and Trey came and returned my cell. I could not meet him though as I was asleep. He even brought me a box of chocolates and a get well soon card. The box of chocolate was the first thing I saw when I got up in the evening. I even told Jared to keep his hands off it.

I was busy playing games on my cell when Jared entered the room. Without saying anything he made his way to his wardrobe, took out his clothes and headed for the bathroom for taking a shower. I let my eyes follow him till he went inside the bathroom and then resumed the game.

I was busy with the game when I heard him say , "Why don't you try to sleep?"

I raised my eyes to see Jared looking all sexy in his white three fourths and green tee. Hey , did I say sexy ? I did not mean sexy . I meant ....ah ,hell I meant sexy !

"I am not sleepy yet."

"But you are straining yourself sitting in that position"

"Ah , what else am I supposed to do?" I said keeping the phone down and giving him a mean look trying to scare him so that he would shut up. Needless to say , I failed miserably.

"Baby , you look cute when give that look."

"I don- hey , what ? what did you say ? Baby ? God , I am not a baby. Do not call me a baby."

He slid in beside me and looked at me with an amused expression.

When he did not say anything I said, "What?" . Actually I shouted rather annoyingly.

Then came his famous smirk followed by a most amazing smile. A smile that made me want to say statue to him so that I could stare at it.

"Looks like I touched a wrong nerve , Baby !" He said emphasizing on the word "baby" I hated it when someone called me that and now this man knew it .

"Just shut up , Jared or else I will-" I said trying to sound threatening.

"Or else what baby?"

That was it . I won't let him have fun at my expense , thinking this I picked up my pillow and started to hit him with it but it proved out to be a very wrong move. A painful move.

I let go of the pillow and clutched my stomach tightly .

"Damn !" Jared muttered and started to pull my shirt up to see the wound but I stopped him.

"Let me see it , Melanie. What if something happened and it gets worse?" he said his voice full of panic.

"I am fine now. It hurt only for a few seconds. No need to get so worked up." 

"But I really-"

"No buts . I said I am fine." I said smiling.

He slowly nodded his head , "I am sorry."

"Huh? For?"

"I should not have teased you at this time when I know you have are injured."

"Not your fault if I decided to beat you in a pulp with a pillow." I said laughing.

"No , I should have known. I mean you are violent and I know it." . A sly smile played up his lips.

"Thank your stars that I was hurt or else you would be a dead man by now."  

"Yeah , right . I would have died in your arms , just like a true lover."

That sentence did made my heart beat go up but I tried to laugh it off as I knew flirting came naturally to Jared. That's it. Nothing more. I wish he did not flirt with me though. Remember, I had a crush on him? And it was stronger every day.

"Uh , you have had a long and tiring day so good night." I said.

"Okay , Goodnight."

So I know it is very short but I wanted to publish a new chappy ASAP so I did not write further in this one. The next chappy will be longer than thz one...

Buhbyeeee.. :D