Chapter 13

Hey all.

This is the first time when I ahve written something in Jared's P.O.V. Hope it is good.

Do vote and comment .

And maybe fan ? :D

Jared's P.O.V.

Trey thought I should not ask Melanie to cook at all and cook for both of us instead. I agree I was used to preparing my meals myself but now she was here and it was only fine that we take turns. I knew she lied when she said she could not cook. She lied to save herself from cooking.

Maybe she was not lying. Trey told me she could not cook after he ran a check on her. He found out almost everything about her. She would probably be scared of how much he found out. How much I knew about her.

It was almost four in the evening and all I could think was how Trey convinced me to become her ... chef? When was last time that Jared Kevin Manchester prepared a meal for a girl? It never happened actually. Now, I would have to do it for the next four months. Lucky me.

All because Trey decided to side with Melanie instead of me.

Now that I think about it I could have disagree then and there. 

I had no idea why I did not. I knew that now I won't back off from my words.

I tried to concentrate on my work. I picked up the file lying before me and went through it.

I was looking at some new car designs when I heard a knock on the door. Who could it be? I hated it when someone disturbed me when I was working.

Still, I said "Come in."

Melanie opened the door slowly. She stood at the door step looking nervous? Something sure was wrong with the girl.

"What is it Melanie?"

"I made coffee. Will you like to have some?"

"Yes."

"Ok. Should I bring it here? "

"No, I will come and get it."

She nodded and left , closing the door behind her.

I got up and made my way to the kitchen. I was kind of relieved to find that Melanie was nowhere in sight.

I silently poured some coffee in a mug and returned to my office.

I was sipping on the coffee and preparing a presentation when my cell rang.

It was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jared .Its me, Ariel."

Ariel? Who Ariel?

"I am sorry I am not able to recognize you."

"Ariel , your parents' neighbor."

"Oh , sorry . I am just worked up."

I had dated Ariel for two weeks. Yes, I DATED her . She was not just a one night stand.

"I was wondering if we could have dinner together at my place tonight."

"I am sorry. I can't make it tonight."

Did she not know I was married? Agreed, it was not really a marriage but the outsiders did not know it. 

"Why? You have a date with someone?"

"No. I have to stay home and cook for my wife. I have to go right now. Bye."

I pressed the red button without waiting for her reply. What was her problem? I was sure she knew about my marriage. Still she wanted to invite me alone. Not that I wanted to go anywhere with Melanie but still Ariel should have had the decency to invite both of us.

It was about thirty minutes past seven when I decided I had done enough work for the day. I picked up my mobile and went out of the office room and locked it from outside.

I saw Melanie sitting on the couch on the living room and reading a magazine. She must have heard my footsteps as she looked behind to see me. She smiled at me but I pretended not to notice. I had no idea why I was acting so immature. It was not really in me to act like that but of course things were changing. Seeing my lack of response she just shrugged and resumed reading.

I went to my room to get fresh. After taking a shower I changed into a green vest like shirt and white three- fourths. I checked myself in the mirror. Of course I looked sexy. As usual.

I headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner. Melanie was there drinking water. I saw her staring at me with appreciation. I was used to girls doing that all that time so I did not react. I smirked though.

I saw her keeping down the water bottle and going out of the kitchen.