Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to the person who has supported my story the most till now. Thanks @worldpeace1991 for ur regular comments and votes:)

Please guys do Vote and Comment :)

I went straight into my room ignoring Em and Sammy who were sitting in the living room watching some random TV show. Normally I would have joined them and told them about the day but not today. I was completely out of my mind now. Why would not I be?

I jumped on my comfy bed and took out my mobile and played the song "Between" by Courier .Slow and soft songs were always able to calm me down no matter how angry I was. After listening to the song about 10 times I felt myself relaxed and calm. I could think straight at least. I thought it was best to not think about the crazy stuff that happened at my parents' home. I soon found out it was impossible for me to ignore .No matter how hard I tried I couldn't take it off my mind. I had no idea when I dozed off to sleep.

I woke up early next morning to find myself still in the clothes I had worn for dinner the previous night. The memories of the previous night came flooding to me. I got ready soon and went straight to the kitchen. I made some strong coffee for myself.

"Good morning Mel", Emily said coming towards me .

"Morning", I replied dryly.

"What's wrong girl?"

"Nothing."

"Like u can lie to me."

"Crazy family stuff. Now please don't ask me anything else. Not right now."

"Ok, by the way I can't believe you are up and ready this early."

"Thanks for the compliment." I replied with a smirk

She just smiled and went to her room to get ready.

I left for my office early .I reached the parking lot and found Candice's car parked there. I wasn't shocked or anything. Candice always came early. 

I called her office-nerd for that.

I silently made my way to my cubicle. I switched on the computer. I had nothing to do so I just visited random web pages. Then I found myself typing the words - Jared Manchester in the search engine.

I clicked on the first result. The first thing I saw was a picture of Jared Manchester wearing a casual T-shirt and jeans. His hair was dark and his eyes the most magnificent shade of blue I had ever seen. He looked well built. Perfect nose, perfect jaw, perfect chin, perfect built and so on. Bloody hell, this guy was perfection personified (only in looks though).

I went through the information given in that page. I soon learnt that he was he was the sole heir to the oh-so-famous Manchester Automobile Industry and a speed freak himself. He loved sports, adventures and ......... beautiful girls. Like I didn't know that. The site told me that he had never had a serious relationship .I already knew he was all for one-night-stands. Playboy, that was the word for him

He must have slept with every hot girl he had laid his eyes upon. That thought made me want to puke.The only shocking news I gathered was that the guy was serious when it came to work .He was an intelligent and dedicated guy. Well who would have guessed that?

"So are you secretly crushing on him? I am not surprised. He is hot..No , smokin' hot actually." I heard my bestie and colleague Candice's voice.

"What? No!! I mean just no. Ok. How did you even think of something like that?I have a better taste ."

"Chill. Now what am I supposed to think if I find you looking for his info on the web. It's not everyday I find you looking for info about hot guys.And yeah , don't talk about better taste . He is freaking Perfect."

I rolled my eyes and said "I am not like you. I don't just fall for looks and I definitely don't fall for guys who go around sleeping with women without having feelings for them." 

"Fine. I know you are a hopeless romantic who has no idea about how to enjoy life without the thing called commitment."

"I love the way I am." I snapped back.

"That doesn't mean you are how a  girl of this century should be. You are old school."

"Just shut up and go away." I snapped back.

She did go away. I sighed .it was funny how we were so different and yet best friends. 

Candice was one of those who looked like they had just come out of photo shoot. She had pale blond waist length hair .Her eyes were beautiful shade of green .Her nose was small and shaped perfectly. Her lips were full and she had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. She was not that tall but was decent heighted with a body that could make any man go crazy. In short, she was drop dead gorgeous. But still she was not one of those stuck up bitches. Yes, she did like partying wild and having fun with guys without getting in any relationship but she was far from being arrogant. On the other hand, she was a real sweetheart. The one thing I did not like about her was her kind of slutty ways.

I knew I had made her angry .I knew I had to apologize to her . That would have to wait till lunch time as the office hour had already started and I needed to do my work.

When it was lunch time Candice didn't come to call me .Why would she? She was angry .I made my way towards the cafeteria and saw her sitting in the corner table .I went to join her.

"Hey Candy."

No reply.

"So I wanted to wanted to apologize for earlier this morning"

Still no reply.

"I am really sorry but I was disturbed. I had a lot many things going on in my mind. I still have."

"Things like?"

I thought for a moment and figured it won't harm telling her about the yesterday's episode. She was my best friend after all and I really needed someone to talk to. With that thought in mind I told her every single detail of what happened at yesterday's dinner. When I finished I expected her to get angry just like I did. But no, that didn't happen. She just sat there without saying a word.

"Hello? Will you say something? Like curse the Manchesters?Or their astrolger."

"Huh? The Manchesters want you to get married to their son, Jared Kevin Manchester?"

"Kevin? You know his middle name?"

"Of course idiot."

"Why are still not cursing the Manchesters?"

"Are you mad? You are getting the opportunity of a life time. There are so many girls out there who would love to get married to Jared."

"Married for four months? Besides you know I don't like guys like him."

"Whatever. I think you should get married to him even if it is only for four months. That way I will get a chance to meet him and you never know what will happen next." 

"Will you please focus?"

"O.K. on a serious note, I have heard about the Andrew guy and his predictions almost always turn out to be true. If you don't get married and Jared ends up getting hurt or worse, then?"

I gulped. I sure didn't like the Jared guy but of course I had respect for human lives.

The lunch time was over. I silently made my way to my cubicle with a whole new perspective in my mind. What if the prediction comes true? What if I can stop something bad from happening and I don't? What if?........