Chapter 32

HEY..!!! back with a new chappy ....

Dedicating this chapter to @shaivya_ , a dear friend and an active reader.... :)

Hope u guys like this chapter ... Happy reading :)

Trey's P.O.V.

"I was in a meeting with my client when I received Jared's call. I excused my self and picked up the call.

"Hey dude , wats up ?"

"Hey Trey . I need your help."

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah . I need you to pick up Melanie from her old apartment."

"sure , but were you not supposed to do that?"

"Ya , but I am stuck up . I will explain it later ."

"Okay , at what time should I go ?"

"Reach there by 6 p.m. Will that be fine?" 

I thought for a while. It would mean I would have to leave my meeting before time but I knew I would gladly do that.

"Yup. Don't worry."

"K. Bye. Cyah in a while."

"Cyah."

I looked at my watch. I knew I could carry on the meeting for another half an hour or so. I resumed the meeting.

At exactly 30 minutes past 5 I started for Melanie's old apartment.

On reaching there I called her.

"Hey Trey !" she said almost excitedly . Did I ever mention that she had a beautiful voice. Well, now I did.

"Trey ?" she said again.

"Uh, yeah . I am waiting for you in front of your old apartment."

"You ? But Jared was supposed to be here."

"Well, Yeah but he got stuck up. So I am here." 

"Okay. Will be there in a minute." She said before disconnecting the call.

After about 5 minutes I saw her walking towards the car.

"Hey !" she said after letting herself in.

I simply smiled and started the car.

"So , how was your day with your friends?" I asked her after a few minutes

"It was amazing. We enjoyed a lot. It was just like old days." She said beaming.

"You really miss your old life, don't you?"

"I do. Anyways, tell me why could not Jared come?"

"He just said he is stuck up. He said he will tell everything when we reach home."

"Okay , but you did not need to come. I told him I could manage on my own. I am not a kid."

"Agreed. But you know Jared lives in the middle of nowhere. It is not safe for you to go there alone." 

"I would not have been alone. I would have taken a cab ofcourse."

"Huh? Actually that is more dangerous. I don't like the idea of you being some driver in that area."