Chapter 37

Hellloooo , 

so yeah , m back with another chappy ....

Plz  , plz , plz do click on that vote button :p

Enjoyy

Jared's P.O.V.

I was lying down on the bed pretending to be asleep. I felt Melanie slid in beside me.

I tried to ignore her thoughts but it was not possible. Of course, it was not possible. How can it be possible her when I had just then realized how much she mattered to me. She was my first love. I was not ready to accept that my first love will be left incomplete. The pain ,anger and hurt did not let me think me clearly . They were clouding all my thoughts.

It was half past one in the morning and I was still awake. I felt Melanie gasp suddenly, as if in pain. The next thing I knew she switched on the light. She mumbled and "ouch" and then I was sure something was wrong so I sat up and looked at her. She was sitting on the bed lifting her t- shirt a little with a pained expression on her face. I looked down at her bare stomach. There it was . A deep red gash. Her skin was cut deeply. The cut was quite long and deep. 

'God , what happened?" I asked , seriously worried.

She looked up at me with teary eyes but did not reply. Instead she turned her face.

"Melanie? What happened?"

"When I wanted to tell , you were not interested so don't pretend like you care now." , saying this she tried to get up from the bed but sat back again clutching the side of her stomach.

I scooted closer to her and kept my arm over her shoulder.

"I am sorry. So sorry. I behaved like an ass." When I saw her nod slightly I continued , "your wound looks pretty bad. Is it paining a lot ?" she nodded again.

"Have you shown it to a doctor?" Nod. 

"Did he gave you any pain killers?"

"Yeah, but he asked me to take it when it pains a lot." She said looking at me and seemed to be on d verge of crying hard.

"Okay so I think its fine if you have one now."

She had kept the medicine on her bedside desk so I picked it up and gave it to her along with a glass of water. Then I made her lie down.

"I think you should apply some ointment on it too."

"I did . It swiped away."

"Which one?" I asked her and she handed me a tube.

"Lie down Melanie." She did. 

I moved her T-shirt upwards and applied the ointment in the affected area.

"The pain will ease in a few minutes. " I said trying to comfort her. She nodded and started to pull over her T-shirt again.

I held her hand with mine, "Don't do that. The ointment will rub off on your T-shirt."

She closed her eyes but her face was twisted a bit in pain so I knew she was awake I laid beside her , watching her . I had not yet switched off the lights

After a few minutes she opened her eyes and sighed .

"Better?" I asked her .

"Yeah." She said smiling a little.

"So , will you tell me how did this happen?

There was a long pause before she said, "I met with a small accident today. I was in a cab and there was this boy who suddenly came in front of it. The driver, in order to save the boy had to take a sudden turn. The cab hit a tree sideways."

I cursed the boy in my mind. Melanie was in so much pain because he did not watch where he was going.

"The windows crashed and a piece of glass somehow stuck to my stomach."

"I am sorry, Melanie, for behaving so rudely."

"It is ok." She said and smiled a little.

Then I remembered why I got angry in the first place.

"Was Trey with you?" 

"Not when I was in the cab. It was pure luck that he was passing through the same road when the accident happened.  

People came forward to help us and one of those people was Trey. He took the driver and I to the hospital."

Damn me for thinking they were having a secret affair behind my back. Yeah, I thought that. My bad.

"I was so worried. I called you so many times."

"You did? I did not get, oh , my mobile was in Trey's car. It still is there."

"Ok , try to sleep now. I will call my family doctor tomorrow."

She just smiled and closed her eyes.

I switched off the light and laid down too.

"Good night Jared."

I know it was just a simple good night but somehow it managed to bring a big smile on my face.

"Good night."