Chapter 28

Hey !  Here's another chapter . Bigger than the last one which was of one page. :p

That one was too short , even for me :p 

So , yeah let me say the usual- Vote , Comment , Fan :D

enjoy reading ! 

Melanie's P.O.V.

Two days have passed since the kiss between Jared and I. Well, things were more or less normal between us . Nothing awkward . He apologized once more that day saying he himself didn't know why he did it . Wow, that was not so good to hear. I felt a bit disappointed. I know I should not have cared but I could not help it . Of course I did not tell him.

So, yeah we were back to being normal with each other and yeah , Jared even gave me a chocolate box . I did not share it with him , by the way . Don't blame me if I love chocolates.

So here I was sitting in my room going through my mails and Jared was in his office room. 

After checking my mails , I got really bored so I did something I had not done from a long time. I logged into my facebook account. I had not logged in ever since I got married. Kind of married , or whatever term one could use for my marriage.

I had a few pending friend requests . I decided to check them later and proceeded to view my notifications . After I was done with every other thing I had to do I clicked on my pending requests. There was a request from Trey Blackwell.

My face instantly had a smile . I quickly accepted the friend request and browsed through his profile. I was just about to see his pictures when my cell started ringing. It was Candice . I logged out of my account and picked up the call.

"Hey Candy floss" I said jokingly.

"Puhleez , Mel Candy is your favorite not mine ."

"awww... not that's' rude . I gave you such a sweet name."

"Yeah , yeah Whatever. Tell me how is your life going on?"

"Pretty usual and boring. How about yours? Are you not in office right now?"

"I am but there is to do right now."

"Uhmmm ."

"Uhmmm? That's all you have to say? Forget it . Tell me what is Jared doing?"

Uh-Oh , why was she asking this?

"He is in his office room , working ."

"He is always home , right?" 

"Yes. Most of the times."

"Do you both spend a lot of time together?"

"Uh, No. We don't"

Maybe I should have told her that sometimes we do but I did not .

"How do you kill your time anyways?"

"Just the usual, reading or painting."

" You do have a cordial relationship with Jared, right?"

Looked like my best friend is more worried about my husband than she is about me.

"Yes , we do. "

"I have been invited to a party this weekend . It is a couple's party and I am not dating anyone at present. I was , um, well I was wondering if Jared would accompany me to the party . Like a friend you know."

My best friend wanted to go to a couple's only party with my husband? Was I really hearing it correct?

"You, um, I mean , you want Jared to attend a party with you?"