In-Flights and Inside Chats

God I can't believe Tom just stole my girlfriend 🙄✋ Seriously though, they're so cute

"May's hot, I get it. That families gene pool is damn magnificent but do you two seriously need to flirt in front of us?" I asked Happy, beside him in the passenger seat as he drove me to the airport to start my vacation.

"I don't want to talk about this," Happy tried to shut down but I didn't budge.

"Well if you don't want to talk about it maybe don't flirt with my partners aunt in front of me," I argued. "What even are you two? Are you dating? Are you- are you friends with benefit-"

"Hailey!"

"I'm just asking! I won't judge," I promised as he rolled his eyes at me with his eyes still directed at the road.

"Who I date is none of your business."

"Pretty sure it is my business when you're trying to get with my partners aunt," I pointed out.

"I'm not talking about this with you."

"So what I'm hearing is you don't know what you guys are?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him but was only answered with silence. "Yeah okay, great talk, Happy. I always love our chats."

"Are you sure you don't want to trade seats, Ned? I don't mind sitting next to Betty and you two lovebirds can play lame video games to your heart's content," I offered, feeling a little guilty Ned got placed far away. Peter and Ned locked eyes for a disturbing amount of time before Ned shook his head stiffly.

"No, nah, nope, totally cool, totally fine," he stammered awkwardly as I glanced between the two nervous nerds.

"Uh...okay? Weirdos," I muttered, giving them a weird look as we walked through the line with the rest of our class, heading to our first destination: Venice, Italy.

"Wait how are you going to get through the metal detectors since you're...uh...you?" Ned asked quietly so no one else would hear him.

"I have a program installed in my software that lets me go through any detector...well... undetected," I explained with pride at my own brilliance.

"That seems kinda illegal..."

"Oh Ned," I started, putting an arm around him and pulling him close. "When will you realize that everything I do is illegal?" I mused, patting his back as he and Peter stared at me with concern.

"..."

I silently side-eyed Peter who was fidgeting-well fidgeting more than usual, that is, in his seat next to me.

"Are you okay??" I finally spoke up with concern as I watched him squirm nervously in place.

"Yes. Yeah...totally. Obviously. Why?" He answered quickly giving me a stiff smile.

"Do I really need to explain to you why?" I blinked slowly, looking him up and down.

"Sorry I'm just...really excited," Peter shook his head out of his thoughts before smiling at me and taking my hand.

"Me too," I said softly, smiling back and squeezing his hand comfortingly. "I can't wait to just relax, with you, in the most romantic cities in the world with no distractions," I rejoiced as we stared into each other eyes, lovesick.

"Yo, Parker," Flash called from the other aisle of the plane, holding a glass of champagne, making both of us turn our heads towards him and ruining the moment like usual.

"Goddamnit," I swore under my breath as Flash smirked at Peter menacingly.

"This is called an airplane. It's like the buses you're used to, except it flies over the poor neighborhoods instead of driving through them," he mocked. I smiled, scrunching up my nose.