05

"I told you to listen first."

I paused for a moment to properly digest what happened. He kissed me. I mean, I think he kissed me to stop me from muttering useless words. I didn't think that he'll have it inside him. I don't even know how to face him now. — Also, it's not like its my first kiss or anything. I've been in relationships as well in my original world but him, kissing me is on whole another level.

"I may be going now, to train. But know that I'll be forever grateful to you. I like you." he said which made my heart 'doki–doki' but romance between slayers are forbidden that's why Mitsuri and Obanai admitted their feelings when they were dying.

If I admit now that I like–love him, it'll be a trouble between us and I might hold him back in becoming a hashira. Even though I didn't tell him that I'm joining the corps, if we continue being in a relationship he'll definitely make his pace slower instead of becoming hashira in two months.

Should I reject him?

I don't want to.

But I have to.

"I like you too, Tokito-kun." I started. I don't know what to say because I also have to keep them in me so that I would see his brightest smile with Tanjiro. He'll gain his memories not with me. But with Tanjiro. Ugh, he's not gayyyyy!!! "But I'll let you go. You're destined to become a demon slayer. I will not hold you back." I cupped his face and smiled bitterly. "I'll be forever be proud and yours. So go on, and chase what you want to do."

I smiled one again and kissed his forehead before leaving my room. I don't want him to change his decision just because of me. I don't want to change the actual storyline just because I entered this world. I do not belong here, so I have to walk in a thin ice do that I won't fall into wrong decisions and others would suffer the consequence.

"Kanroji-san, are you holding back your feelings?" He asked from my room.

I guess, we both are standing back by back and the only thing separating us is the sliding door of my room. I smiled again before nodding.

"I am." I answered.

"You shouldn't. I would rather quit becoming a demon sl—"

"No! You're a descendant of the first breath users; the sun and moon. You, Tokito Muichiro will become a hashira and a great swordsman. Please don't change your goals and principles because of me." You can't change the story. I won't let you walk on a more dangerous path of your life.