29

"Are you really sure you're joining us on this mission?"

Uzui Tengen.

Tengen is a very tall, broad-shouldered, and muscular man with lightly-tanned skin and white hair. His hair is of an uneven length, the longest strands reaching his shoulders, and is styled with three more notable, shorter clumps arching up to fall as bangs between his eyes and on either side of his face. He has quite thin, maroon eyes that appear to slant inwards, each with one long eyelash flowing to the far side of his face. He is considered very attractive as noted by many women and even by Zenitsu.

"Since Oyakata-sama said that I should join you, I think-yeah?" I answered reluctantly.

Tengen and I are at Rengoku's residence. He's with us right, dozing off. Eyes closed with intense furrowed eyebrows and crossed arms. I rolled my eyes and focused on Tengen who is currently having an intense thinking here.

"I heard you're leaving in three days." I started. Tengen shifted his gaze towards me, it seems like I caught his attention. "I know how to defeat the demon."

"I haven't even said anything about the demons, but yeah, just my wives are missing." He said then puts his hand on his head, signaling that he's all ears to me.

To be honest, I feel a bit uncomfortable with the whole situation. Both Tengen and Rengoku are huge men and me being a small person is like being eyes by huge titans all over me. I sighed before continuing the conversation.

"I can join one of the houses in advance and have this old man here escort me. You can gather up other slayers to assist us there." I said and poked Rengoku to the side just to make sure he's well aware of his role and be included.

"At least how many?" He asked.

"Three." I answered directly.

I was taking up notes on the things he needed to fight the demons we're about to encounter in the red lights district.

"Wisteria poison on kunai, I think a heavier dosage would do." I whispered as I write. "What do you call those thingy that are circle and explodes when slightest friction scrapes through it?"

"How do you know about those?" He asked.

I bit my tongue just to make sure to kill myself. I'm in a situation where I shouldn't have mention things that aren't even disclosed.

"I might've heard here and there about those thingy that you always bring along. Why? Was it suppose to be a secret?" I asked, to shift his hostility to my curiosity. I wasn't really suppose to say it but it slipped through me while making notes.

"Kyojuro, you have a guest." Tengen tapped Rengoku. I didn't even heard a knock yet but I guess this is a perk of having a sound hashira. He nods then stands up to get the door in his residence then Tengen shifts his gaze to me. "You have a keen sense of hearing!"