27

"One, Two!"

Moon Breathing is a breathing style that mimics the moon, specifically the crescent shape of the moon as it waxes and wanes and the erratic behavior of passing moonlight, and replicates it with the user's movements, techniques, and abilities. Most sword slashes performed follow the shape and pattern of crescent moons.

"First Form: Luminous Moon, Evening Palace!" I drew my blade and performed a singular horizontal slash following a crescent shape, creating numerous chaotic crescent blades along its path, before sheathing it back.

It felt more accurate in my body because it felt like my lungs were being stabbed by people multiple times. I took a few heavy, big breaths for the air to travel all over my body before being able to breathe properly again.

I slowly stood up and glanced at my blade, which was currently planted on the earth. I took it out and glanced at the blade's design. It was just a standard Nichirin blade with a purple accent. As a flame-breathing user before, it was by skill, and because of Rengoku I was able to use it despite the fact that my blade is not red.

"Miyu-sama, Kanamori-san has arrived. He's currently having tea in the guest's living room."

I looked at the person assisting me in my residence. She is a young girl with white hair and sky-blue eyes named 'Sae'. I nodded and put my blade inside my sheath. I entered my mansion and sat down in the living room, where Kanamori was enjoying the snacks and tea prepared.

"Hello," I said and greeted him.

"Oh, hello! I heard the news that you are now a hashira, and I just couldn't wait that I decided to make you your new blade with an engraving of 'Destroyer of Demons'. I was so excited since you're my first ever slayer that I've been providing blades to become a hashira!"

I did notice that there were floating flowers all around him and a very wonderful aura surrounding Kanamori. He does look really happy about me becoming a hashira.

"So, what breathing are you using? There can't be two flame users, right?" Kanamori asked as he took a bite of his colorful dango.

I looked down and stared at my blade for a while before looking back at Kanamori, who was still eating.

"To be honest, I don't know. My current breathing style doesn't match the color of my blade, which makes it incapable of destroying demons better," I answered.

Kanamori drinks his tea and hands me my new blade. "Nichirin Swords change color depending upon the user, making each blade unique. They can be of many colors. Please do not be discouraged."

"I am not discouraged, Kanamori-san. I'm currently training a new breathing style, and all I can say is that it now fits my body more than it could before. Thank you, though."

"Kanroji-sama, you always did your best for everyone's sake, and now that you are a hashira, I'll always make you the finest blade." I smiled and held Kanamori-san's hand.