08

"How about I name you Tama?" I asked my crow who is currently resting itself upon my shoulder while walking towards my first mission.

"What am I, a cat?!" my female crow snorted which made me laugh a bit.

"But I don't want to call you 'Crowie'. Just think of it as our formality, since we'll be together from now on." I said.

My crow glanced at me while I continued walking towards my mission. I was shocked to know that countless pregnant women has been disappearing. It was already hinted that demons are behind this, but how could a demon go after the helpless and weak pregnant woman?

"If I agree, I would demand my next owner to call me Tama as well." she said.

"Why? Whenever your old owner die, you'll be transferred to a new one?" I asked confusingly.

"That's how life goes." she answered and flew guiding me through her shadow from the sky. "But there are times that we serve as a family crow instead of having new owners."

I'm wearing my uniform already. The greatest difference is I'm wearing the galaxy haori that I made, with my standard uniform and lastly my nichirin sword. I tied my hair into a ponytail, and used a ribbon and a small flower resin clip that I bought before as my hairclip.

I felt bad even for the crow. The life that they're adjusting whenever they have new owner. Of course, since they'll have new owner, they'll have new adjustments to satisfy the needs of them. I really sure hope, I won't die. I don't even know if I'll have a body to return to if I die here.

"We've reached our destination. Go ask anyone around the town. Finish the demon by tonight." the crow said and flew away.

I don't know where to start. This view is new to me. I did not travel anywhere else aside to Mitsuri's private residence and Rengoku-san's residence whenever I train.  All I know is that a town to the northeast where pregnant women have been vanishing nightly.

I walked towards a street where I see a haggard man. It looks like he hasn't slept for days, and I could see stress in his face. — There, I met Hiroshi, whose wife Nico vanished the 3 nights ago. Hiroshi took me to where his pregnant wife was last seen and I began to track the demon by feeling the road, walls around it and even the atmosphere. Hiroshi told me how he was beaten by Nico's parents, who did not believe that Nico had simply vanished and assumed he had done something to her. Hiroshi realizes that I am a member of the Demon Slayer Corps and that's why he believed me.

"But, I'll need your help. Will you cooperate with me, Hiroshi-san?" I asked. I couldn't do it all on my own so I have to get Tama with me. "How many women are pregnant right now?"

"About three, and in those three one of them is already close to giving birth. Like my wife." He said. Three women are pregnant, and one of them is already on her trimester of pregnancy. It won't be easy to track which among them will be attacked. "Can you bring back my wife?"

"We can't guarantee yet." his face turned sad and hopeless already. "But I'll need you by my side. There's a possibility that it haven't touched your wife, but there's also a possibility that they already did." I answered just to make sure he cooperates with me. "Please take me to these pregnant women."